• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash dancing with Lucina

Maricx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0147-2088-9642
Switch FC
SW 7600 6194 8910
I have recently learned to apply dash dancing correctly and have seen some proper results with it. However whenever I want to dash dance for more than a couple of dashes back and forth I start to fly all over the stage. So here is my question:

Is it possible to perfect dash dance with Lucina?

(or am I just to stupid) If yes, is there a special technic to make my dash dance better other than to just flick the stick like crazy?

Prison

Smash Cadet
Load up training mode, practice trying to stay within the 2 red lines in the main training stage. Like literally focus on it for 15mins just trying to keep it even. Then for another 15 mins, just try to do it without thinking. Do this every day until your satisfied with the consistency.

This learning method (similar to learning chords on an instrument) will help you build the muscle memory needed to dash without thinking. Also, it's good to load up a stage like FD and just practice dash dance, sh aerials, mixups, etc

Try to focus on keeping your character dashing in the same spot, then start trying to move forward with dash dancing. The whole point of it is to mask your movement, but if you have a good dance and approach, you're going to be applying empty pressure, which can force the opponent to act unsafely.

While throwing the stick back and forth does work, you want your movements to be more calculated and controlled. If you have to think about dash dancing, your cognitive overload is going to slow or hurt your play when you try to move in as well.

Maricx

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0147-2088-9642
Switch FC
SW 7600 6194 8910
Load up training mode, practice trying to stay within the 2 red lines in the main training stage. Like literally focus on it for 15mins just trying to keep it even. Then for another 15 mins, just try to do it without thinking. Do this every day until your satisfied with the consistency.

This learning method (similar to learning chords on an instrument) will help you build the muscle memory needed to dash without thinking. Also, it's good to load up a stage like FD and just practice dash dance, sh aerials, mixups, etc

Try to focus on keeping your character dashing in the same spot, then start trying to move forward with dash dancing. The whole point of it is to mask your movement, but if you have a good dance and approach, you're going to be applying empty pressure, which can force the opponent to act unsafely.

While throwing the stick back and forth does work, you want your movements to be more calculated and controlled. If you have to think about dash dancing, your cognitive overload is going to slow or hurt your play when you try to move in as well.
Thank you so much for your advise. Based on what you wrote I assume perfect dash dancing is indeed possible with Lucina?

Prison

Smash Cadet
Thank you so much for your advise. Based on what you wrote I assume perfect dash dancing is indeed possible with Lucina?
Do you mean like frame perfect or sub frame?

Frame perfect, probably not
Sub frame definitely could be if you're fast enough

Something to keep in mind with marcina is there dash has a little more visual drag, so you may be hitting it, but just aren't used to seeing it compared to a character like fox. Dancing doesn't have to be perfect, but your intellect and usage should be.

You should be more focused on being able to control going in/out of range to bait attacks, instead of just trying to make the movement appear fast

Top Bottom