• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash dance application?

Couth

Smash Rookie
Howdy,
I've been trying to incorporate dash attack into my games when I play friendlies, but I have no idea what the correct application is. When I do it they fly behind me, which I can only follow up with a bair or uair and usually I'm using it close to the edge, so it just sends them center-stage. Am I supposed to sour spot it or something?

Edit:
I just realized the titles says dash dance >.< I meant dash attack!

Last edited:
I would generally use Dash Attack as a last ditch effort to catch someone getting away when any other option wouldn't work at all. Say for example I am dashing after them and my grab won't reach in time or trying to short hop fair would be too slow to use.

Hitting with a tipper dash attack is pretty amazing at the right percents. It sets-up so nicely for other moves such as Utilt, Fsmash tipper, another dash attack tipper, or Uair/Fair. But, from what you are saying it seems like you are hitting with it at extremely high percents for it to never do anything. Or, your opponents are just DI;ing it in the right away that Utilt/fsmash stuff is not viable to connect with.

Overall, dash attack won't be worth it unless you can get the tipper. Usually, there is just some stronger option to use than for it. Again, the only time I ever use it is by mistake or because its the only thing that will hit at the moment in my dash.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
As with any move, the trajectory is to some level DI-dependent. Neutral DI usually puts them somewhere between directly above you and a little behind behind and above. Depending on if you tip it, you will have more guaranteed combos off it. Aim to hit someone running away from you with this move, as you have a better chance of catching them with the tip.

Top Bottom