• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash-Cancelling & Peach

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
I haven't seen anyone talking about this, so forgive me if this has been discussed.

A new feature in Ultimate is that Dash attacks can be cancelled at any time.
Peach's dash attack is a two-hitbox punch. The first one usually links into the second in Smash 4, sending opponents upward.

However, if you initiate dash attack super close to your opponent, you will only connect the first hit of the dash attack, and the opponent lands just beside you with a small amount of hitstun.

My Point;
Do you think it will be possible to cancel dash attacks after the first hit, in order to follow up with other moves?
If this is a possibility, I think it will lend itself very well to Peach, as the first hit of dash attack doesn't knock opponents back very far. Its just enough to link into the second hit.

I can imagine cancelling dash attack after the first hit into F-Smash or U-Smash. Maybe even D-Tilt to U-Smash.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I think there's a misunderstanding here. Dash Attacks cannot be canceled in Ultimate. However, dashes can be canceled with any attack. This means that you can now input any grounded move out a dash such as any smash, any tilt or jab. This wasnt possible in any game before. In Smash4 for example, you can only cancel your dash with a grab, dash attack, Usmash, jump, specials, defensive options (roll/spotdodge) and after a set amount of frames, shield. In Smash4 cant immediately cancel your dash into a Dtilt or Fsmash for example (unless you go through the skid animation but that takes terribly long). In Ultimate, however, you can do Fsmash or Dtilt or whatever move out of a dash.

Dash Attacks, on the other hand, cannot be canceled. Peach's Dash Attack seems to connect more consistently into the secons hit in this game as well, which is a great thing, because the second hit whiffing has been a major problem of Peach's Dash Attack and has cost the match for Peach players countless times.

Top Bottom