• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dash attack hitboxes not linking

claystate

Smash Rookie
yall..........

you know how peach and daisy has a 2 hit dash attack right? go to training mode right now and try to dash attack ganon a few times...

what ends up happening is that since the 1st hitbox is set knockback, ganon always enters the same arc and animation
and this animation conveniently dodges the strong 2nd hitbox

the 1st hit is so weak that i'm pretty sure ganon ends up actionable while you're still in dash attack lag
the only way you can get the first hit to link into the second is if you hit with the very tip of the first hitbox
i'm guessing it could also happen against alternate DI, but i haven't tested that yet

are there other matchups where this happens?
feels like something important to know for matchup knowledge so that we don't get punished for landing dash attacks..........

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I mean it was more prevalent in smash4 happening on everyone possibly but I have only had this happen on ganon a few times online but not every time. I feel like if we just space for the second hit (or tip of the first hit) this shouldn't drastically alter the matchup. Just dont make reckless dash attacks lol

claystate

Smash Rookie
ah, didnt realize it was a smash 4 thing :o

funny you mention online ganon, getting the 1st hit only like 10 times in an online match was what prompted me to test this LOL

Last edited:
Top Bottom