• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Attack Bombing

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
New Wolf discovery. If Wolf dash attacks at the edge of the Sv platform and holds the direction away from the way it's moving he will fall through the platform while facing the opposite direction.

Discovery is thanks to Semifer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhtwzM24dh8

Also works with Kirby,D3, Sonic, Mario, Diddy, Rob, Yoshi, Bowser, Link, Zss, Fox.

And Snake's dacus.

pulse131

Smash Ace
maybe for mindgames, but a situation where it could possibly work is probably a situation where there are better options.

iFudge

Banned via Warnings
could be a mindgame i would say. maybe you got your oppoent high% and you sneak behind him and bair or d-smash 0-o.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I expected as much.

This isn't worth anything to me. I don't care what anyone else says. I'd prefer becoming smarter, playing better than simply using something like this, which is so confined to certain situations that it defines the term situational. Not to mention it seems slow. Either way, nice find.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Interesting... people need to do more research on moving platforms, even if most of the tricks are of limited use.

Also, Semifer is a genius. Just sayin'.

:059:

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
I expected as much.

This isn't worth anything to me. I don't care what anyone else says. I'd prefer becoming smarter, playing better than simply using something like this, which is so confined to certain situations that it defines the term situational. Not to mention it seems slow. Either way, nice find.
xD You crack me up Saph.

But yes, I do agree that this is really situational and I'd rather use something else in a situation where this is viable.

Also <3 Ish.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Looks like Fox, Diddy, and ROB have the most reason to fool around with this if you ask me.

Have you tried dash item tosses? Those are probably the last random thing you'll want to try on that platform.

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Btw this does not only work with dash attack, you can do it by every move with rest momentum afterwards, these are:

-dash attacks
-foxtrot
-running shield
-stopping animation after a dash (very similar to a foxtrot)
-other random things (e.g. Wolfs illusion cancel)

I actually knew this right after I found out it works with a dash attack, but I was too lazy to mention it lol.

To make it clear: You don't need a dash attack, you can almost instantly do a reversed walkoff by foxtrotting, which makes this much more useful (and it works for most chars, not only the ones who could do this with a dash attack).

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Haha too good JJ.

And that DownB thing is kind of auto landing. Try dropping through this plaftorm with MKs Dair. It's like MK having cramps lol.

edit: get into the chat

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
I really see no use for this, about 90% of the time there's probably gonna be a better option...

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
There are definetely uses for this, running of a platform and then Bair is pretty legit.

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
Are you sure you're not just buffering the drop during the dash attack?
You hit the control stick in the opposite direction so you turn around and then you drop?

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
Yes I am to 100% sure, I'm familiar with the Brawl physics and know what is normal and what not.

tru0067

Smash Journeyman
The only time I used this was when I tryed to hit an opponent with the dash attack but they fast falled under it then I baired them when I fell through

Very situational but still cool

:phone:

Top Bottom