• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Dash Attack after landing

neek

Smash Rookie
I've been having issues with inputs where after I land from a jump, I'm ABSOLUTELY positive that I'm not holding any direction, I press that A button to do a jab and I end up doing a dash attack. Anyone else have this issue? Is it some sort of buffered movement input from my ariel drift that's left over? It's messed up flows of strings and leaves me punishable where I lose a stock or even a match. I've used multiple controllers and I always eventually end up having it happen.

Espyo

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I've ever got that to happen, but it is true that in Smash 4, if you're running, jump, and keep holding the direction you were running in, you'll automatically continue running when you land. Might have something to do with it. Could be a buffered analog stick tilt like you said, or maybe your controller isn't calibrated properly, and sending even a 1% tilt-to-the-right signal is enough to trigger the run?

Top Bottom