• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkrai for Brawl! and The Darkrai Dimension by Pyr0.

Darkrai will be in SSBB as a...

• Total voters

Pieman0920

Smash Master
You know, I at first thought to myself that since Deoxys is now confirmed to be a Pokeball Pokemon, that Darkrai would be a great candidate for Brawl, and while I still do, I have to say that most of his moves have already been done.

Look at it this way. Darkrai is known for his ability to put opponents to sleep, and his dark powers, such as Shadow Ball. Now we already have a Pokemon that puts others to sleep, and we have one that does Shadow Ball. Unless Jiggs and Mewtwo lost those moves, how would Sakurai implement Darkrai?

charrr

Smash Cadet
Time to answer some posts.
Pokeball food.
Bidoof would be better though.
I could see it as a pokeball with dark hall, but remember Sakurai hasn't given any 4th gen pokemon up yet. Who knows.
That is why this speculation, not Sakurai saying Darkrai is in SSBB.
maybe it is going to throw some shadow balls (like mewtwo's neutral b attack)around in the stage when it comes out of a pokeball.
Neat idea, but I hope Darkrai doesn't suffer the same fate as Deoxys.
You know, I at first thought to myself that since Deoxys is now confirmed to be a Pokeball Pokemon, that Darkrai would be a great candidate for Brawl, and while I still do, I have to say that most of his moves have already been done.

Look at it this way. Darkrai is known for its ability to put opponents to sleep, and its dark powers, such as Shadow Ball. Now we already have a Pokemon that puts others to sleep, and we have one that does Shadow Ball. Unless Jiggs and Mewtwo lost those moves, how would Sakurai implement Darkrai?
It's simple: Darkrai does use an attack to put opponents to sleep and could use Shadow Ball, but Darkrai also has other dark-based attacks as well, so Darkrai could be simalar with those attacks and that would be it.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Omg.. Bidoof... that sounds familiar... Game.. Faqs?..

And I don't think they would want to add a character in the game wanted and intending to make him a clone.

Clones more so came from the fact that there was no time to come up with unique moves and such.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The more I think about it, Darkrai has basically all the reasons to be in this game as Lucario does, except Darkrai is newer. I don't think his chances are extreamly high, but they are better than people think. (Wouldn't it be a kick in the teeth if he replaced Mewtwo?)

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
The more I think about it, Darkrai has basically all the reasons to be in this game as Lucario does, except Darkrai is newer. I don't think his chances are extreamly high, but they are better than people think. (Wouldn't it be a kick in the teeth if he replaced Mewtwo?)
Uh... Darkrai is newer? Even though they're both 4th gen Pokemon?

Great job, dude.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Uh... Darkrai is newer? Even though they're both 4th gen Pokemon?

Great job, dude.
Actually, yes.

Lucario may be a 4th gen Pokemon, but he's was revealed farther ahead of time, and prior to D&Ps release. To correspond to that, his movie is older than Darkrai's. Darkrai though can be considered newer, as not only was he not shown until the game was released, but he technically isn't didn't show up in the game even when it was, as there is no way to get him in the game without going to his promotional event, trading for him, or just plain hacking him out.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
Actually, yes.

Lucario may be a 4th gen Pokemon, but he's was revealed farther ahead of time, and prior to D&Ps release. To correspond to that, his movie is older than Darkrai's. Darkrai though can be considered newer, as not only was he not shown until the game was released, but he technically isn't didn't show up in the game even when it was, as there is no way to get him in the game without going to his promotional event, trading for him, or just plain hacking him out.
So what? That's like saying that Mew is newer than Mewtwo just because you can't get Mew (through normal means) in the game. Or because Mewtwo was revealed earlier. They're still from the same game.

The only Pokemon that really applies to being older than the rest of its generation is like, Ho-Oh. Maybe.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Eh? Ho-Oh, only older if you count it by an anime perspective, and if you do that, then Darkrai is indeed newer.

And I admit that they are technically from the same generation, but due to how they were revealed, Darkrai is newer than Lucario. Lucario was shown extensivly before he was the game came out, and in a movie before it. Darkrai on the otherhand wasn't known until the game came out and was hacked. It's a moot point though, as all Pokemon that have gotten in so far though have been from the 1st generation.

And plus, there's the added benefit that Darkrai's a legendary, although I suppose that argument only holds a little bit of weight.

Bendu

Smash Journeyman
Eh? Ho-Oh, only older if you count it by an anime perspective, and if you do that, then Darkrai is indeed newer.

And I admit that they are technically from the same generation, but due to how they were revealed, Darkrai is newer than Lucario. Lucario was shown extensivly before he was the game came out, and in a movie before it. Darkrai on the otherhand wasn't known until the game came out and was hacked. It's a moot point though, as all Pokemon that have gotten in so far though have been from the 1st generation.

And plus, there's the added benefit that Darkrai's a legendary, although I suppose that argument only holds a little bit of weight.
Considering that Ho-Oh wasn't a "promotional Pokemon" like Lucario, or Togepi, or any of those (who only appeared in the anime to advertise the new games) and Ho-Oh made a brief cameo appearance (without even revealing the actual name of it) a good two or three years before the release of Gold and Silver... Ho-Oh is much different than Lucario. Since Lucario was basically released for the movie and the anime to advertise Diamond & Pearl. That's why I don't consider Lucario any "older," it's just a marketing tool. Like Togepi. Togepi's not any older than any Gold & Silver Pokemon, in my opinion, just cause it appeared in the anime to build hype for the new games and the new set of Pokemon.

Symphony X

Smash Lord
I think his only chance would be to replace Mewtwo - Which I would appreciate, Mewtwo was never one of my favorite characters, which sucks b/c I was so excited to play as him. Oh well.

There's one problem though... He hasn't been officially revealed in the United States. He was barely released in Japan. I would love to see him get into the game instead of Lucario though. Anywhoz... yeah there's that one big glaring problem... meep

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
Even though he's my favorite legendary Poke, I just have to say chances are he won't be a playable. Maybe not even a PokeBall due to the fact he isn't publicly known outside Japan yet. =/

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
meh, I doubt we'll get more than pika, poketrainer (3in1~!), mewtwo and jigs

maybe lucario to replace mewtwo, though that would suck. It is odd that all smash bros characters who are pokemon have come from red & blue, lol, but red and blue were the best so who's complaining?

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think Darkrai is awesome. I'd rather have him than Lucario.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I think Darkrai is awesome. I'd rather have him than Lucario.
Lucario has a better chance of being playabe because Lucario is popular world-wide; Darkrai may also have a movie(coming out soon? or is it out in Japan) but Lucario has had more time to get a considerable fanbase.

-Knight

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I don't know. I heard that Darkrai is a lot more well known and liked in Japan than he is here. I don't know if he has a better chance than Lucario or not, I just know that he would be better.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I don't know. I heard that Darkrai is a lot more well known and liked in Japan than he is here. I don't know if he has a better chance than Lucario or not, I just know that he would be better.
I'd say he's just a little less likely then Lucario, due to Lucario being popular in both Japan and America.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Really, Lucario, the uber hyped pokemon everyone thought would be the "Mewtwo" of DP, wasn't legendary. Lucario is the reason a few people bought the game, and is in fact a figting type. SSBB material. I'm pretty sure the game came before the anime, if not that kills lucario, and possibly Darkrai. Lucario does seem like better fighting material than darkrai, the reason being, what is Darkrai supposed to do for physical attacks? at least Mewtwo has a tail.... if anything DArkrai pops out of a pokeball and shoots stuff with its... uh.. darkness.

Top Bottom