• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Pit/Pit Hitbox Visualization

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4 hitboxes are interpolated, so imagine a line between a hitbox's current position and it's last. It hits that area too.
Example: http://i.imgur.com/wEBKNpI.gif

There are potentially bugs in any of these, so let me know if you notice anything particuarly off and I'll check. There have been instances of weird hitboxes that ended up being a bug.

Her textures are a bit buggy, but whatever.
Wicked Weaves attacks are not avaiable yet, and it's not because they are projectiles; the hitboxes make no sense being attached to any of the models bones. I'll need to play around with it to see what's going on.

Mini-FAQ:
Q: How did you make these?
A: I made a parser for animcmd commands and applied it to the model and animation from the 3DS version of the game.

Q: Can you do hurtboxes?
A: Not yet

Q: These don't look like the quality of the Wii U models, why?
A: These are 3DS models (and data). There isn't a difference in frame data between Wii U and 3DS.

Q: This attack looks wrong, is this actually correct?
A: Let me know which one and I'll check. It's possible for a bug or two to mess up stuff.

Q: The image isn't playing.
A: There are play, reverse, and frame advance buttons under the images. They may be hard to see.

Q: Can I use these for my guide?
A: Yes.

Thank you

MKchouy

Smash Cadet
Well the nair hitbox is almost as awful as I had imagined. But dair tho *kreygasm*

D

Deleted member

I am very much so okay with this.

But in reality, what is the pink on the Dtilt, Jab, and Dsmash?

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Furil Furil

Pit's a guy and doesn't have Wicked Weaves, lol.

For real though, good stuff. I think they're all pretty accurate, though I don't remember most attacks getting phantom pokes on the ends like the visualizations imply... May just be hard to see without zooming in all the way or some perspective thing. Definitely going to go over with a fine-toothed comb tomorrow.

The pink things are these defensive hitboxes right?

@Xacer
You should probably see these if you haven't already.

CHOMPY CHOMPY
This deserves a sticky.

InfinitySoul

Smash Apprentice
Yep. The higher hitboxes drag the opponent downwards and it keeps them from popping out.
Oh that's true, thanks Sakurai for thinking about it.

Also if you land on top of somebody with that hitbox it true combos into Usmash, though it's not really safe on shield or anything like that.
It may be a good idea for jab lock.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
And does dtilt have a sourspot
Nope.

Lavani Lavani
Think you could help real quick? The visualization for Dair doesn't clear out the earliest hitboxes right away, and I was wondering if that's how it works in-game. It's weird because Kurogane says the first hitbox that launches at 60º only lasts a frame, along with the spike hitbox... This shows it lasting all three frames. If there's a hitbox there the entire time and you could determine which one it is that'd be great, but if not I can probably manage.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The spike (small center) hitbox is replaced frame 11, the leftmost (60°) one stays for the entire move. The gif's accurate.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The spike (small center) hitbox is replaced frame 11, the leftmost (60°) one stays for the entire move. The gif's accurate.
Good to know, thanks.

Though, any idea what the pink bubbles are? Comparing Lucina's to Pit's and I'm pretty sure they're not defensive hitboxes now...

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
That's what they've been labeled as in data dumps, but they don't actually serve any defensive purpose that I've seen, or any purpose that I've been able to find. Only thing I know is that they mainly correspond to slash/stab element attacks (most sword attacks, Charizard jab, etc)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Oh, I thought those were the blue bubbles on Lucina... Wasn't there some pink on her too?

Mm, if I had another 3DS to mod I'd try everything to figure the things out. Remove the defensive hitboxes from one game, play multiplayer, and try interacting until they desync.

Tobb99

Smash Apprentice
Really nice! Exactly what I've been looking for! Could you do the other special moves as well? Also is there a difference between Pit's and Dark Pit's Side-B in terms of frame data (not just the damage and knockback)? I wonder since you only showed Pit's.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Really nice! Exactly what I've been looking for! Could you do the other special moves as well? Also is there a difference between Pit's and Dark Pit's Side-B in terms of frame data (not just the damage and knockback)? I wonder since you only showed Pit's.
I think I heard before that windboxes were hard to display but don't quote me on that. Projectiles still aren't possible.

The only differences between their side Bs are damage, knockback, and the electrical element, so frame data and hitboxes are the same.

InfinitySoul

Smash Apprentice
What is that electrical element ?

So that means it has 1.5 more hitlag. But DI still applies during hitlag right ? Is this additionnal hitlag relevant ? It will send the oppponent too far to combo.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pretty sure you can still DI in hitlag... SDI I'm definitely sure. Not enough to where when you DI properly it's impossible to kill with but it's definitely a factor. Doesn't effect combos.

More importantly it makes the hitbox linger for like twenty frames when you hit something or a ridiculous number like that. Really good in FFAs, doubles, and situations where there's other things to hit like Luma or a bike. Bit of a double-edged sword though if you don't hit the opponent because of it.

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
This is exactly why I never use NAIR.

Tobb99

Smash Apprentice
Y, Nair is his fastest airial. And since it's a multi-hit you can sometimes whiff the first hits but hit with the later, and also sometimes cover airdodges and edgeguard with it.

InfinitySoul

Smash Apprentice
I just noticed the purple dots on Dair hitboxes. Can someone tell me what they are for ?

Last edited:

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Furil Furil Can you confirm that Dtilt is accurate? Last time I checked it had crazy good range and it doesn't look that way here - not even reaching the end of the sword.

Furil

Smash Apprentice
It should be right. It's not attached to a bone or anything, so it can't have any scaling or anything like that. Pit moves forward a little in the animation, so it's reach from a neutral position is pretty long.
(The base of Pit here is the end of his right foot.)

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
It should be right. It's not attached to a bone or anything, so it can't have any scaling or anything like that. Pit moves forward a little in the animation, so it's reach from a neutral position is pretty long.
(The base of Pit here is the end of his right foot.)
Yeah I figured it was correct and was simply how far Pit extends but I had to ask. Thanks.

Vyseskies

Smash Cadet
i would like to see the guardian's orbitals intangibilty and range too, since not even on kurogame states that. That move is quite useful if used properly on edgeguard.

TKD

Smash Lord
I wanna identify sideb's superarmor window visually in order to space for it in matches. We don't have a frame by frame that, do we? I know the Palutena thread shows invincibility frames with bair and dashatk.

knepsis

Smash Rookie
I wanna identify sideb's superarmor window visually in order to space for it in matches. We don't have a frame by frame that, do we? I know the Palutena thread shows invincibility frames with bair and dashatk.
Look up the armor window on kh and advance frame by frame

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
So if fair's hit box gets bigger later in the swing, does that mean i should be using it earlier to get optimal spacing? Also i was told that dtilt and ftilt had the same range but that doesn't seem to be the case is it? one more thing, what is up with utilt? I never used it because i thought it wast good but it looks crazy lol. any thoughts on how to utilize utilt better in a match?

Top Bottom