• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Daniel Cortes Draws the Ultimate Roster in Cuphead Styled Art

Cuphead_Art.jpg

Artist Daniel "Danny Cartoons" Cortes has caught up to drawing every single Smash Ultimate character on the roster thus far. The catch? He did it in the 1930s rubber hose style; the same style that Cuphead used.

With over 80 days spent on the project, it's clear that Daniel Cortes cut no corners - even adding in some mii fighter costumes, alternate characters such-as the Koopaling's and Alph, and some NPC's like Morgana and Toad.

Danny has posted all of the images in high resolution format along with a video of all of the characters thus far. We've linked both of these below.

Danny has already said he has special plans to finish the last two characters when they get announced.

Author's Note: Wow. What an incredible feat. I've been working on drawing every 1st gen Pokemon myself for drawing practice, so I know how difficult it is to keep up something like this. How about your thoughts? Let us know in the comments!

Credits:
Editing & Writing: Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Thumbnail: @Zerp

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Rex is not a playable character. And Sans and Vault Boy are mii costumes, so not characters.
And if he was going to include mii costumes, where is Bomberman or Goemon?

Other then that. Looks really nice. is there separate images for each character?

---

Found bomberman. So he was doing the "premium miis" also as characters from what I see.

Last edited:
like another said, some of these really clash with that art style, while others are amazing with it.

One odd one to me was vault boy... You'd think it would be the most flawless looking one, and yet IMO it seems to be...average, even though the whole universe of fallout was set during a time period where these types of character designs and cartoons would still be relevant/only slightly dated.

Top Bottom