• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dance Trotting in Brawl

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
Falcon has one of the best dance trots in Brawl. He can do longer dashes than in Smash4 and the frame window for it is pretty large, allowing for variable dance trots.

For those who don't know what Dance Trotting is, it's a Smash4 tech done via the combination of the short dashdance and foxtrotting. You dash, fox trot, then immediately dash in the opposite direction. Out of this you can pivot fsmash (which also gains a slight boost in range), dashgrab, sh aerial or dash attack. Cool mixups for a character with such terrible neutral game.

Tripping kinda ruins it, but if Tripless Online Brawl becomes a thing, Falcon will be able to surprise less informed opponents in his MUs instead of getting horribly rekt in all matches.

sijon

Smash Ace
Late reply but yes dance trotting is very useful. Already I have used this technique with Falcon and it makes wonders happen. I mainly use it when people are shielding then I dance trot back then forwards, run behind them and pivot grab or pivot f-smash. Very useful tech indeed

Top Bottom