• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Damage multipiler on Classic Mode?

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
The title says it all.

For some reason on higher intensities on Classic Mode, it feels VERY VERY easy to get killed at around 40-to-90% by the CPU, to the point where a full-tank-Ganondorf with the worst mobility ever is needed to survive.

I'm wondering, is that actually the case for both 3DS and Wii U? If so, then it explains why Classic Mode compared to just fighting Lv. 9 CPU's seems a lot more irritating and gold-draining than expected.

Last edited:

FaceOfDays

Smash Rookie
I haven't noticed much of a damage multiplier agaisnt the player, but the CPUs definitely take a liking towards "human prey". A lot of the time, I get ganged up on by two or more enemies, costing me the game. On Team Battle, the player's allies have a much lower AI than the enemies, and they have a multipler against them, so that's a bummer too. Combine all that with item shananigans, and the odds really seem to be stacked against the player. Good luck.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Been like this since 64 if not melee iirc

SneaselSawashiro

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2853-0750-5008
Actually, via someone on SmashWiki, he stated that the CPU's attacks actually tend to have higher knockback scaling/growth, meaning they do way more knockback on you at lower percents than expected (something like a Fox or Falco back aerial can insta-kill you at the proper percentage-range).

Top Bottom