• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Daisy's turnip now matches Peach's!

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Now is the time for celebration! Fetch the champagne and the glasses, purchase the most expensive steak at the butcher shop. Let the jubilee begin!

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Why did they HAVE to do this change? Some kill setups were only true with Daisy's turnips. Plus this way they weren't completely identical.

Felancius

Smash Cadet
At this point they might as well merge Peach and Daisy, she was already pretty much a glorified reskin before, now it's a fact. It's actually infuriating that they seem to want to do that.

1FC0

Smash Lord
I really do not get this change. People generally prefer unique characters over clones but they put up with clones due to the excuse of clones not needing a lot of time to produce.
But now Nintendo spends time on making Daisy more clone-like than that she was.

What is the point of this change? Who likes Daisy being more cloned to Peach? This change perplexes me. I would appreciate if someone could explain what the possible rationale behind this change was because I fail to come up with something reasonable. I can only think of reasons not to make this change. That is, it makes Daisy less unique and wastes development time.

Last edited:

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
I would appreciate if someone could explain what the possible rationale behind this change was because I fail to come up with something reasonable.
The Daisy turnip property was an accidental port from 4 and Brawl. There were very few benefits to this, and the ones that existed were only at extremely low percents and only against heavies. Meanwhile, Peach's turnips were vastly superior from about 20% onward on the entirety of the cast. Daisy's turnips were right on the border of "strictly worse" territory. There was no "easier to get turnip > fair," confirmed by Samsora.

This difference was not intentional. It would have been one thing if Daisy's turnips were 35 BKB / 35 KBG (or a set 40) to Peach's 25 BKB / 45 KBG. The extra 5 BKB meant next to nothing, so Peach's turnips were better in every way.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Thanks, now it makes sense to me. I thought that Peach's and Daisy's Turnips were balanced.

Last edited:
Top Bottom