• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Daisy just won her first tournament already!

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
This weekend several players have attended a tournament in Spain, where Spanish player Vilxs won the tournament using no one else than Daisy!

51:40 and 1:26:00 (until the end of the tournament

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
I am from Spain and I saw the final live, it was very exciting.
Daisy has won in two tournaments, in Individual Mode and in Team Mode together with Ganondorf (Team Mode - Ganondorf and Daisy win).
I hope this means that both Peach and Daisy rise on the Tier list of this Smash.

Waiting for her amiibo...

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) both Daisy's and Zelda's run to the finals will pretty much kill any discussion on making the final smash meter legal in competitive play. I rewatched all of it last night to figure out what made Zelda so much better this time around, and really, both Daisy and Zelda benefited enormously from their FSes. Zelda's is unblockable, has a ridiculous range and poofs a character out of existence after like 80%, and Daisy's takes over the screen-- abusable when a character's offstage to ruin their recovery-- and heals her, giving her a huge advantage swing. Just look at the difference between Daisy and Rosalina in their match. Daisy's FS was a huge benefit. Rosalina's wasn't even threatening.

With that large of a disparity between characters' FSes, I seriously doubt they'll be tourney legal at all. Shame.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) both Daisy's and Zelda's run to the finals will pretty much kill any discussion on making the final smash meter legal in competitive play. I rewatched all of it last night to figure out what made Zelda so much better this time around, and really, both Daisy and Zelda benefited enormously from their FSes. Zelda's is unblockable, has a ridiculous range and poofs a character out of existence after like 80%, and Daisy's takes over the screen-- abusable when a character's offstage to ruin their recovery-- and heals her, giving her a huge advantage swing. Just look at the difference between Daisy and Rosalina in their match. Daisy's FS was a huge benefit. Rosalina's wasn't even threatening.

With that large of a disparity between characters' FSes, I seriously doubt they'll be tourney legal at all. Shame.
Final Smashes were very unlikely to become legal to begin with, even before the Nintendo tournaments, but yes, now they are COMPLETELY out if the question. No sane TO will host a tournament with Final Smashes included.

That said, there might be side events with Smash Meter on. In which case, at least Peach/Daisy have a stupid good Final Smash in 1v1 lol.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Daisy's FS is op, by a lot.

She's still a good character, but she might not have won without them.
I hope people play her if they like her, not because she can be good :)

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah they made some strides but Final Smashes need some way to counter them and to have their range and hitboxes normalized and avoidable.

With either offense (hit/grab removes FS) or defense (FS's can be dodged, sidestepped, guarded) depending the the FS type (projectile, grab, or transform etc..)

Unless they find a way to make them work in that fashion while still making them fun and flavorful I dont see them ever being used in tourney play outside of for fun stuffs

shammah121

Smash Cadet
Yeahhh final smash meter seems fun to play with, but I feel that the final smashes are unbalanced.
If it was competitive then there will be a tier list for characters based off of their final smashes LOL

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah I really cant see final smashes being in tourneys at all.

The characters are fun without them anyway :)

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
So Peach/Daisy's final smash basically guarantees a kill at 60%, and also heals them?
Yeaaah, I don't see the FS meter being likely in tournaments.

Top Bottom