• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Daisy and Shy Guy coming to Mario Strikers: Battle League as part of Free July Update

strikers.jpg

Nintendo has just confirmed that popular characters Daisy and Shy Guy will be joining the roster of Mario Strikers: Battle League. They are part of a free July update which also includes the new Knight gear item and the new Desert Ruin stage. You can check out the full trailer below:

Daisy is described as a “technique type who won’t get knocked down” while Shy Guy is an “all-rounder whose gear choices are key”. You can see their official stats below:

This is not the only free update the game will be getting, as Battle League will be receiving two more free updates in 2022. These updates are completely free and are not connected to the NSO Expansion Pack.

The update with Daisy and Shy Guy will be available on July 21st.

Credits
Writing/Editing:
Sari Sari
Social Media: @Zerp

Author’s Note: What characters do you think will be added in the future? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Sari

Comments

My money is on Broozer and, if Nintendo wants to buy into nostalgia, Kremling (I know a lot are upset they aren't the goalie anymore, why not bring them back as a player?). Pauline is also really likely, but this roster does pretty good on covering the bare necessities.

On a seperate note, I'm not mad about any of the post-launch methods Nintendo is using but I do think that Mario sports games should go back to having expansive single player content like with Mario Golf: World Tour on the 3DS.

Last edited:
My money is on Broozer and, if Nintendo wants to buy into nostalgia, Kremling (I know a lot are upset they aren't the goalie anymore, why not bring them back as a player?). Pauline is also really likely, but this roster does pretty good on covering the bare necessities.

On a seperate note, I'm not mad about any of the post-launch methods Nintendo is using but I do think that Mario sports games should go back to having expansive single player content like with Mario Golf: World Tour on the 3DS.
everyone that told people to calm down at the release of this game was right. it just took 2 months and shes free. this game is good (way better than the wii one imo)
more characters and stadiums will be good. idk if single player wull ever be fully fleshed out liek it was in gc era back when it had to be because no online

At least the Daisy fans can finally calm down. However, to be among the slowest characters is a huge contrast when compared to her Mario Strikers Charged days.

It's even more curious that the base game didn't have any all-around characters; why Mario and Luigi are classified as Technical is beyond me.
Mario not being an all rounder is still weird to me to this day.

Nice that they (partially) fixed the awful roster of the base game. Game still feels relatively empty in terms of content compared to the Wii version, but we'll see what they add in the future.

I think I'll consider buying the game (depending on who gets added) after all the updates are finished and the roster is complete. That way I can get a full game at a discounted price, rather than an incomplete game at full price. It's the same route I went for Mario Tennis Aces and Mario Golf Super Rush.

Last edited:
Top Bottom