• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair Waveland

BogMonger

Smash Rookie
Hullo friends

While practicing movement I learned that it is possible (but really hard) to Waveland out of G&W's Dair.

Dair lasts 49 frames and Full hop lasts 50.
This means you have only one frame to execute. This also means you have to start the Dair the first frame airborne, which isn't too hard. Edit: see post below

Using frame counter I've concluded that using C-stick for this tech is really super hard. Using A and control-stick is much easier.

I found that jumping before the Waveland made it a little more lenient. If you are too early, you double jump then Wavedash, kind of like a Wavebounce. If you're frame perfect you'll dash, and if you're late worst case is you will just land.

If you do not Wavedash then you suffer no lag because the Dair is over.

Just something to practice if you really want to. Make sure to Waveland the rest of your airs!

Currently labbing teeter-cancels. Expect more later.

Keep your movement buttery.

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
If you do dair your second frame airborne it's an easier window as well, as in melee if you do an aerial the first frame airborne it shortens your jump height slightly

BogMonger

Smash Rookie
If you do dair your second frame airborne it's an easier window as well, as in melee if you do an aerial the first frame airborne it shortens your jump height slightly
Interesting. Somehow I've never heard of that. Labbing a bit more reveals you can Dair on frame three of being airborne and still fit in the Waveland.

So doing Dair on frame 1 and 3 of Full hop give you 1 frame to waveland
Doing Dair on frame 2 gives you 2 frames to Waveland.

Even with some leniency added, it's still a hard tech though.

Thanks

Last edited:

BogMonger

Smash Rookie
Also to note if you miss your timing you will likely end up L-canceling your Dair anyways.

Last edited:
Top Bottom