• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair to Rest IS NOW A TRUE COMBO!!!

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
I figured out that Dair has Autocancel frames since hitting with it out of a SH puts you at a +0 frame advantage when the move is so damn long (72 frames), but if you slightly delay the use of it out of a SH you autocancel quicker out of the final hit, thus giving you a frame advantage!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Nice to know.
The combo counter of training mode is trash though. Don't rely on it to much.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
What about gaw upb or marth's upb don't they come out faster then the rest if they don't trip?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Err the "combos" in training mode are kinda bull**** lol.
Dair has just barely enough hitstun to combo into another kick. It still needs a trip or the opponent will BRB with great SDI.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
You can just follow their DI. And you didn't read my post, I said if you slightly delay it, it turns out it autocancels quicker and you actually have a +7 frame advantage. It definitely works cuz i just tried doing the same thing while holding the r button on another controller. It worked up to utilt which was power shielded.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
If you abuse the autocancel you are dangerously close to your opponent which is bad, let alone it's hard to get so close to your opponent.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
I fail to understand how being close to your opponent with a frame advantage is bad. I don't even see why ur tryna debate this either its not like some complicated footstool setup or something, all you do is delay the dair a little off of a shorthop, not really any harder to than a regular one. And if you cant land a regular one u just need to get better with the character.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
will it work if you time the dair as normhal, but then fastfall it so u touch the ground?
i think this is a nice find, but may need some fine-tuning.

would be nice if ppl actually said something encouraging instead of "already known" or "lol this is stupid".

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
You can just follow their DI.
This is A LOT easier said then done. Are you telling me you follow them every time, or even done that at all? They can actually SDI completely away from you; I just played some friendlies earlier when my opponent did just that. I still think dair is good to use but don't be surprised when they escape it.

will it work if you time the dair as normhal, but then fastfall it so u touch the ground?
Yeah.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The other thing you have to realize is the knockback of D-air is growth based, and thus your frame advantage varies by percent. I'm pretty sure I heard about someone comboing into F-smash with D-air, to give you an idea.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I only use this autocancel thing to combo either into a grab or an utilt, depending on their action. I rarely go for rest unless they trip anymore as it has stopped working for real.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
The other thing you have to realize is the knockback of D-air is growth based, and thus your frame advantage varies by percent. I'm pretty sure I heard about someone comboing into F-smash with D-air, to give you an idea.
Alright that kinda makes sense, but it kinda bothers me how until when i started testing this, tripping was known to be the only true combo into rest and now everyone and their mother apparently knew about the autocancel frames. :glare:

HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME?

But ill start testing what u can do with dair under different percents thnx for the tip.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I know it sucks, whenever someone seems to find out something cool and posts it, we all say we do this 9000 times a day and that it sucks.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I know it sucks, whenever someone seems to find out something cool and posts it, we all say we do this 9000 times a day and that it sucks.
That's why we need like a moveset discussion thread. Where we just share different uses of moves etc.

Maybe I'll make one?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
That's why we need like a moveset discussion thread. Where we just share different uses of moves etc.

Maybe I'll make one?
We've had moveset discussions in the past, but they're outdated. If you or anyone else wants to attempt a series, then go for it. I'll just beat a dead horse and say that they'll die out after the first few weeks.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
There are only so many moves in this game...saying that your the first to delay a move or even test it would be stupid. If your "discovery" involves one or two moves that require no additional inputs then it should be obvious that it is old. He knows its nothing new...hes just researching and perfecting the frame-span/timing of the move.

We've had moveset discussions in the past, but they're outdated. If you or anyone else wants to attempt a series, then go for it. I'll just beat a dead horse and say that they'll die out after the first few weeks.
What about how to punish other moves? Too many times I see others try to punish stuff with things that they shouldn't be. Like a weak Nair is not exactly the best punisher against someone at low percents when they are close to the ground and you are landing :/ You will likely get hit once you land because of how little hitstun is in the move.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I posted this once.

I was modded for trolling; the mod told me to stop lying to noobs.

100% true story.

Keep your unnecessary spam and trolling out of this thread. If you have nothing useful to contribute towards this then simply do not post.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah, a move that kills before Fox's usmash must be horrible if there is a guaranteed way to land it.

Top Bottom