• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair through platforms?

TheGoolick

Smash Rookie
I've been playing Dedede for a few months now so I'm not exactly the most experienced main, but it seems like his Dair is a really great tool for heckling opponents that are underneath you. If you dair into most platforms, the hitbox goes far enough down to land a few hits on most characters. It's fast enough that you can usually get a few dairs off and keep the enemy locked under the platform for a little while. This seems like a really great tool for stopping an enemy's momentum, and in my limited tournament experience it seems to fluster the other player for a bit. Thoughts?

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
Just be sure not to heckle marth and roy too much when youre above them. Since I'm not in front of PM at the moment. Does this even hit smaller characters like metaknight?

TheGoolick

Smash Rookie
It doesn't work on the shorter ones like pikachu and metaknight, at least on battlefield. It's really only worth doing for the tallest characters imo.

What exactly is the danger of doing it to marth and roy? Fsmash?

TOCK

Smash Apprentice
F smash, Uair, U-tilt. short up nair. Is what I was thinking.

TheGoolick

Smash Rookie
Marth and Roy are great under platforms, but I still think that Dedede has a lot to gain from staying up there at certain times. I ended up racking up tons of percent on a marth one time by doing this, because it prevents him from using his standard under-platform tools. Yes, he can roll away from the platform and fsmash, but D3's dair is fast enough that he can either avoid the fmash or keep poking marth with more hitboxes

trusty

Smash Apprentice
Marth and Roy are great under platforms, but I still think that Dedede has a lot to gain from staying up there at certain times. I ended up racking up tons of percent on a marth one time by doing this, because it prevents him from using his standard under-platform tools. Yes, he can roll away from the platform and fsmash, but D3's dair is fast enough that he can either avoid the fmash or keep poking marth with more hitboxes
I know your probably done with this but I play against a marth constantly and have found that up smash is the one to watch out for most and that you should do the dair and IMMEDIATELY either waveland into shield, up b or just jump/dodge sway

Top Bottom