• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair Spike

MarcheR

Smash Rookie
NNID
mars
3DS FC
1177-7044-9396
Rarely I've been able to spike with what I believe is the first hit of his drill dair. I'm not sure how to do this consistently, has anyone else had more luck? Any replays with it?

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I never meteor smashed with it no, But i have launched enemies to the side with it's multi-hit and all.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
It seems this is common among multihit moves. Metaknight's Fair and Greninja's Uair have similar effects.

JML

Smash Cadet
Not exactly spiking, but I have had a few successes using DAIR to shutdown any opponents dangling from the ledge by tether. Mostly against ZSS since she's so common on glory mode.

1 hit will usually knock them low enough, usually two hit and then I up B to the ledge.

C_I_N

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4527-9843-3785
I've experienced this and have a replay. I'll post it here once I've uploaded it.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
You'd have to be pretty good at video games to pull THIS off

Cherubas

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0774-4746-9812
I actually spent a good while working on this back when I got the game. My main has always been Ness in the past and one of the most satisfying things about playing Ness (tied only with landing a really close PKT2) was always that spike. So when got Bj (right after unlocking Ness) I went to training, hoping to find some move that spiked. I did have a similar experience to you, where it seemed like the first hit of the drill kind of mini-spiked (not a real meteor, but it sent them downward at a speed similar to if they were fastfalling) but since it's so hard to just hit with that one hit and the end result isn't even a meteor, I just gave up on pursuing it further. Still, if you find something new out about it I would love to adopt it into my playstyle.

Top Bottom