• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair Footstool Lock Discussion

kynlem

Smash Cadet
NNID
NaturDonut
So I am really confused. Why does no one else use dair -> footstool locks?
they are a really good option imo, and much less situational than turnip locks.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
That's really impressive, but I think those footstool combos become relatively difficult to execute based the opponent's skill level and DI and SDI patterns. That Corrin you fought does not DI (correct me if I'm wrong) in Training Mode. In some situations you can pull this off, and I am not discouraging you from doing so, but just remember that it is hard to get both you and the opponent in those positions and under those circumstances in the middle of a battle. That's the only reason I can imagine people don't use them often: difficult to set up.

kynlem

Smash Cadet
NNID
NaturDonut
That's really impressive, but I think those footstool combos become relatively difficult to execute based the opponent's skill level and DI and SDI patterns. That Corrin you fought does not DI (correct me if I'm wrong) in Training Mode. In some situations you can pull this off, and I am not discouraging you from doing so, but just remember that it is hard to get both you and the opponent in those positions and under those circumstances in the middle of a battle. That's the only reason I can imagine people don't use them often: difficult to set up.
Yeah that's what I thought. There had to be a reason lol. Well thanks for letting me know.

Alpha Princess365

Smash Rookie
Whoa! This is a thing? I'm so going to work on this, this is exactly why I main Peach. Her options are so amazing! The one thing I have to ask though, is it consistent?

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
Whoa! This is a thing? I'm so going to work on this, this is exactly why I main Peach. Her options are so amazing! The one thing I have to ask though, is it consistent?
It is, I made a guide on footstool>DTilt long ago, same concept as this one but more elaborate:
https://smashboards.com/guides/peach-can-gungnir-combo.981/
The bottom line is, it is easy to react to the DI after the footstool, but is hard to react to the DI once the opponent is launched back in the air.

Last edited:
Top Bottom