• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dabuz and MightyKeef Weigh In on Rosalina's Strengths

Everyone’s been there - watching their projectiles vanish as they attack Rosalina from afar, afraid of getting closer and being attacked by Luma. Rosalina & Luma are a formidable duo in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. Rosalina is armed with various tools: the ability to maintain defensive spacing, an ability that absorbs projectile attacks, and Luma; a powerful ally that tanks hits and punishes the opponent’s approach. The duo combined create one of the strongest characters in the game, and definitely one of the most frustrating to face.

In his latest video, Smash Bros YouTuber MightyKeef teams up with Smash Wii U competitor Samuel “Dabuz” Buzby to give a humorous look at Rosalina & Luma’s strengths. The two point out how tough it is to recover against Rosalina, how dangerous her neutral game is, and how projectile-reliant characters struggle immensely against her.

Author's Note: What do you think about Rosalina & Luma? Is she as oppressive as some people say? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sapharodon

Comments

D
The same as :4bayonetta2:, :rosalina: is yet another one of those characters that give players a very good challenge given her pros. Saw that video just a while ago and good Lord, I was completely convinced with her chicanery. It makes me, a 56-year-old Christian woman, glad that I main her (as well as the aforementioned :4bayonetta2: for similar reasons) for these powerful strengths. The way I see it, she's just another character that teaches opponents to play wisely and patiently.

Other than that, her perceived-scarce playerbase/tourney results relative to other top tiers should not be ignored.

Sayonara :kirby:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the real reason everyone gets bopped by this fighter... is because Luma is going "HEY, HOW DARE YOU FORGET I'M HERE!!" and nobody listens until it's too late...

tip number 1: Bop Luma first.
tip number 2: bop Rosa
tip number 3: when Luma respawns, see tip number 1.

real talk, though, imagine Luma as Nana becoming a respawning satellite. if he isn't flailing around when Rosalina gets struck, he's ready to intercept, know where he is at all times, and you should have a better time planning.

as for recovery... well... mix it up. this one's kind of universal, but Rosa just happens to be good at intercepting straightforward methods.

Last edited:
Top Bottom