• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Da Wolf Pack - Q&A/GD

Metà

Smash Master
I'm fairly certain that the window to cancel the shine is the same as fox's, as well as the hitstun, but his jumpsquat is 4 frames, as opposed to fox's 3

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
did wolfs shine get smaller or something? 3.0 is the only version i've played but i've been watching videos for pm nonstop for roughly a year now. (this game alone made me buy a wii lol) basically in the older versions 2.6b especially his shine seemed to cover more space, as opposed to 3.0 where it seems roughly the same size as fox/flacos, and i know it got smaller than it was in brawl for sure but thats beside the point.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
did wolfs shine get smaller or something? 3.0 is the only version i've played but i've been watching videos for pm nonstop for roughly a year now. (this game alone made me buy a wii lol) basically in the older versions 2.6b especially his shine seemed to cover more space, as opposed to 3.0 where it seems roughly the same size as fox/flacos, and i know it got smaller than it was in brawl for sure but thats beside the point.
Your eyes are deceiving you.

Meme

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
6939 6733 3968
Not an spacie expert but I believe that it can be compared more to Falco's waveshining timin-wise...

And BTW anyone knows how to consistently do the shortened small and medium Side-B?

AbstractLogic

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this is being done yet, but I recommend experimenting with Shine > SHL > Waveland. It sets up a juggle/jab reset at low% and combos very well into a grab Up Smash or Side-B if you want to be super fanceh.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I decided to actually start taking this game seriously for once lmao. I plan to get good in due time.

:018:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Joe, nothing would give me greater pleasure than watching anyone take one of my favorite characters to top 8 at a national. Or even win with him.

Just stop saying you'll do it and do it, mmkay?

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Joe, nothing would give me greater pleasure than watching anyone take one of my favorite characters to top 8 at a national. Or even win with him.

Just stop saying you'll do it and do it, mmkay?
I'll try man. I always place extremely high with :wolf: in brawl in some of the hardest regions. I want to do this in PM too of course. I need to learn the character fully though as well as matchups.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
don't worry rat or I will win at shuffle
Do it.

Also, I can't seem to find the exact height to waveland after a SH laser. Is there any vid or exact timing I have to do to waveland after a SH laser?

PS: I also discovered a broken brawl technique for :wolf:. It wasn't practical for :wolf: in brawl, but it is now...It was a universal tech that was only used by :ike:'s for the most part in brawl.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I thought Wolf's bair was good in Brawl
Very, but what did that have to do with my post?

The secret technique is JC reverse Usmash. In brawl it wasn't very useful for :wolf: because his Usmash hit the same way on either side. In PM it's great because you can make your opponent second guess themselves if you approach with it. It's highly practical in my opinion, given the fact I've seen Rat/Scythe use a lot of :wolf:'s Usmash. I've tried reverse Usmash and it sends my opponents in the funniest directions lmao.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Believe me or not, but that was my second guess. After you discounted RAR, I thought "Well, Ike's reverse USmash has a much wider hitbox ... and Wolf's sends at a lovely semi-spike angle if badly DI'd ... hmm."

SpiderMad

Smash Master

The secret technique is JC reverse Usmash. In brawl it wasn't very useful for :wolf: because his Usmash hit the same way on either side. In PM it's great because you can make your opponent second guess themselves if you approach with it. It's highly practical in my opinion, given the fact I've seen Rat/Scythe use a lot of :wolf:'s Usmash. I've tried reverse Usmash and it sends my opponents in the funniest directions lmao.

Oh I misread you thinking it was Bair, though I think you mentioned Bair when you misread Lordling since he didn't mention Bair.

next step is Double Shine Reverse Upsmash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gneB40sAu2g

nimigoha

Smash Ace
I see a lot of Wolf players double shine at low percentages. Not fully sure why. I would guess it's to punish someone trying to CC. Am I right?

nimigoha

Smash Ace
Yep.

Plus it's cool.
Haha sweet. I picked up Wolf the other day and have been watching videos of you, Chillin, and Scythe almost non-stop. My (also new) z-jump scheme has made me double-shine like crazy, it's so much fun to do and now not hard at all. I always struggled with any kind of jump follow-up out of shine for spacies (like double shines or waveshines) but the z-jump has made things a million times easier. Once I get used to his falling speed for l-cancelling timing I should be cleaning my friends off the floor!

Last edited:

RabidJackal

Smash Apprentice

How do you do a JC reverse upsmash? I could see this being a useful technique and would like to learn it. I like to spam upsmash a lot & it's not very safe on shield, so I'd like to see how safe a reverse one would be

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
a) Dash
b) After the initial dash animation is over (past the Dash Dance window, into the RAR window) hit back on the control stick
c) Up (tap jump) + A (I believe this can't be done with the C-Stick)

You will turn around and USmash.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
You can do it with C-stick I believe, still gotta get the jump in though unlike during a normal run

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm scared, oh it's his Up-smash with a photoshopped Football

Last edited:

SKID!

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm a new wolf main and this may be a dum question but when am I supposed to shine? I often find myself going long periods of time without using it and feel as though I should have used it more

Top Bottom