• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Da Slip N Slide Genius (A Luigi Combo Video By SDSG)

shanus

Smash Hero
you have a pretty good luigi.. some pointers tho: you could use a lot more wavelands after your aerials. I often see you do a full jump fair or bair to a fireball whereas you could easily waveland and continue punishment instead of giving them a chance to recover. Also you can make more use of double aerials in a short hop more as well as short hop aerial to waveland for all of them. Good stuff.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
ok i just saw the vid....pretty nice...u did some unnecissary stuff though like when they off the edge a lot and there was no way to make it back u would go down and hit them....and in one instance...u went down to get fox when he had no way of coming back..and u saved him so he was able to come back..so yeah...stop doing dat.....i will try to upload this to youtube for u btw...peace

EDIT: i am uploading it right now to youtube...just be patient

-hiroshi

meleemarth

Smash Ace
Tony, omfg every time a Colorado vid comes out and someone tries to say something, you dont have to post. Just let them say what they want to say.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Victor, omfg every time I say something you don't need to suck ****. Just let them be scared, she said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I whistled for a cab and when it came near, the license plate said "Fresh" and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say that this cab was rare but I thought "Nah, forget it, Yo homes, to Bel-Air!" I pulled up to the house about seven or eight and I yelled to the cabby, "Yo homes, smell ya later!" I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air

LiMe ¤ FuRy

Smash Journeyman
Don't give him any more tips... he's pretty good as is.
I beg to differ. He is decent (Not hating) he can however improve fairly alot more. This really didn't portray Luigi at his metagame. Your Luigi can be quicker in terms of wavelanding, platform wavedashing, dashdancing, and more nimbler execution of aerials. I'll give you props on your tilts and Up-B Instants. You used them well. All in all, good ****. You still have much to improve, work on it.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
He's not technical, that's the thing. He's the type that just sits back and watches you, then misfires into your face after predicting an attack pattern. He's not incredibly technical, and, while he ~could~ use it to make himself better, he doesn't necessarily need to. That's like Camper Bob practicing SFC, DJC-combos, or Masashi practicing Fox's infinites. Try to say Masashi's not at metagame. There are different styles of play, his just isn't the most flashy of them all. While I do think it would have a lot more combo potential if it were to practice all of that (most everyone else in CO has all the technical stuff down, sans doubleshining 47 times in a row), he doesn't necessarily need it.

LiMe ¤ FuRy

Smash Journeyman
He does need it, due to the fact that its bringing him down and keeping him down. Now answer this quetion: Do you see a proffesional player not wavedash or short hop and especially a luigi player? Let him speak his mind cuz your not the luigi player here. Your not him, its 2 diffrent prespectives.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Whoa whoa whoa... back up. You think I don't play Luigi/know how to? *****, I invented Luigi!

Joking aside, watch Aniki's Link or Masashi's Fox. Aniki has wavedashed all of twice that we know of, and has 3 stocked Ken. Masashi rarely does much of anything technical, especially for a Fox. gb2ymp

EDIT: When was the last time you beat a pro, or even faced one?

meleemarth

Smash Ace
LOL SDSG nice **** man! i loved the part where you charged three misfires into rafa's face! wow this vid is pretty kool, lol, nice job man, and gj to chap on making the video. Oh tell henry hes my *****!

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yay to two unknowns that don't even top a post count of 100.

Here's a tip, wee ones:

Don't judge by videos, especially combo videos. You have no idea what you're actually seeing.

LiMe ¤ FuRy

Smash Journeyman
Whoa whoa whoa... back up. You think I don't play Luigi/know how to? *****, I invented Luigi!

Joking aside, watch Aniki's Link or Masashi's Fox. Aniki has wavedashed all of twice that we know of, and has 3 stocked Ken. Masashi rarely does much of anything technical, especially for a Fox. gb2ymp

EDIT: When was the last time you beat a pro, or even faced one?
First and what seems to be most paramount, is the fact that were disputing solely on Luigi here. Where not aversing of Aniki's Link or Masashi's Fox, conversely, we're talking about Luigi. I would like you to discern one Luigi in existance that doesn't wavedash? Find any yet?

Nevertheless, away from your deplorable endeavor. I explicitly stated, that the kid's good, however, he lacks alternative essentials that would conspiciously ameliorate his luigi. For instance, wavelanding would have cultivated his Luigi, this was stated multiple times. And no, this is in no way 'flashy', you just overpass the essence of these actual techniques. I'm attempting to avail him, you've entirely either been bewildered my intentions or you just have some animosity towards the fact that he's not perfect in my perspective.

Once afresh, I want to hear the man himself and his personal insights, not you talking for him.

P.S - Why do a majority of his opponents tech towards him..? How ironic, eh?

-Lime

Arj

Smash Apprentice

Perhaps he combos best off of techs towards him, therefore the times when his opponents combo away or in place didn't make the video. The video is DLing for me now so I have no idea what happened.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
First and what seems to be most paramount, is the fact that were disputing solely on Luigi here. Where not aversing of Aniki's Link or Masashi's Fox, conversely, we're talking about Luigi. I would like you to discern one Luigi in existance that doesn't wavedash? Find any yet?

Nevertheless, away from your deplorable endeavor. I explicitly stated, that the kid's good, however, he lacks alternative essentials that would conspiciously ameliorate his luigi. For instance, wavelanding would have cultivated his Luigi, this was stated multiple times. And no, this is in no way 'flashy', you just overpass the essence of these actual techniques. I'm attempting to avail him, you've entirely either been bewildered my intentions or you just have some animosity towards the fact that he's not perfect in my perspective.

Once afresh, I want to hear the man himself and his personal insights, not you talking for him.

-Lime
You asked for pros, not pro Luigi's, of which there are what... two?

Second, if you're going to try to sound more intelligent by bolstering your vocabulary via google and dictionary.com:

A) Use them in the proper context
B) Use the right forms of the right words. For God's sake, don't use "where" in place of "we're".

Also, considering he doesn't even go to SmashBoards, you're not going to hear from him, period. This is a combo video, it's not like everyone always techs toward him. However, there are some characters he simply can tech-chase when they tech away. You should know that. Why show a combo that doesn't happen?

While I will agree that wavelanding would give him more options, I will also say that he doesn't necessarily need it. Never wd'ing with Luigi is a far cry from platform dashing, as well.

At any rate, I'm done arguing with you and your psuedo-intellectual musings. Let's just agree to disagree, and let other people watch the video, alright?

LiMe ¤ FuRy

Smash Journeyman
You asked for pros, not pro Luigi's, of which there are what... two?

Second, if you're going to try to sound more intelligent by bolstering your vocabulary via google and dictionary.com:

A) Use them in the proper context
B) Use the right forms of the right words. For God's sake, don't use "where" in place of "we're".

Also, considering he doesn't even go to SmashBoards, you're not going to hear from him, period. This is a combo video, it's not like everyone always techs toward him. However, there are some characters he simply can tech-chase when they tech away. You should know that. Why show a combo that doesn't happen?

While I will agree that wavelanding would give him more options, I will also say that he doesn't necessarily need it. Never wd'ing with Luigi is a far cry from platform dashing, as well.

At any rate, I'm done arguing with you and your psuedo-intellectual musings. Let's just agree to disagree, and let other people watch the video, alright?
Not to keep the senseless argument between the two, but are the only inaccuracies you found "where" and "we're"? oh, and I dont need vocab refrences, I invented the Dictionary!

Joking aside, but whatever, we both possess different opinions, no?

P.S.- How do you know those refrences so well?...odd. Well then lets leave it at that.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
lmfao... you took my joke and used it, and now I like you. That's dirty, right there.

There are actually a few inconsistencies in your grammar, but let's just call it good.

I know what's wrong with what because I've been taking advanced English classes for awhile now. I'm rather lax on the internet, though.

fugito348

Smash Journeyman
i read that entire argument. funny stuff. xept arguing bout grammars wack. its the net grammars out the door. :laugh: gah i might hav to dld this is no google video comes soon...plz sumone?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
That was very impressive. Seems as though SDSG knows what moves to use for each situation, and that's really at the core of being good at Smash.

You don't have to be flashy to be good. Azen's Luigi is just a lot of D-Smash and F-Air spam, but it is no less effective than, say, Ka-Master's, because he knows how to use those moves well.

BlitzSh4ft

Smash Apprentice
He's not technical, that's the thing. He's the type that just sits back and watches you...
If he does indeed play in the method that you're describing, than wouldn't that mean that his entire style of gameplay in that particular match is dictated by your behavior? Its just my opinion that this isn't a very effective playing style, and that if relied too heavily upon, you'll fall victim to mind games at higher levers of competition. Besides, when posting this video im sure he expected some tips and pointers to come from a few people, so wanting to learn is another reason why you shouldn't just settle for semi-accidental hit landings...it leaves too much of the game to chance....thats all. =\
By the way, props on the vid, i like the set up and the music and stuff, you better than i am at least. ^_^

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
It's not chance with him. He predicts like madd, and probably has pro-level mindgames. If he had pro-level techskill, we'd all be screwed in Colorado.

That's not to say he doesn't have his habits... we all do. But he doesn't do this on accident. Even the misfire is planned by him most times. It's a bit scary, really. The guy gets misfires about 2/3rds of the time.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I know about your thread. I don't like Google Video because it hijacks my connection so I can't do ANYTHING else, even use AIM. Youtube, on the other hand, doesn't.

It's all subjective. I prefer youtube because I can still do stuff while it's loading. You prefer google video because you love man meat.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
Excess is seen a lot in combo videos. If you want to see people playing as smart as they can, watch tournament matches. =/
tru...excess is done to make the combos longer and look better...but its not neccesary to keep going off the stage when they r gonna die newayz to just get more damage...it doesnt look cool...and rele isnt a COMBO per se....its fine if he did excess stuff on the stage itself...it actually looks nice and looks like a long combo....but im not hating on him by any means...but when some1 posts a vid they usually expect comments andcritique...no?....newayz..dat was just my advice for him.....cuz even in a combo vid...some of those moves off the stage were unnecesary....peace

-hiroshi

7ak

Smash Journeyman
I liked it a lot.........nice combos and hitbox placement. I liked the up-B's, molesting the Fox and Link, and the triple misfire. And I'm going to have to agree with Interim.......you don't need to play hyper technical to be good at SSBM, if you CAN wavedash, L-cancel, grab, ledge attack, etc. you've got everything you need. If you watch tournament vids, many times people screw themselves over while trying to ledge wavedash, waveland, or pull off some stupid combo mid-game.

SDSG doesn't have the technical Luigi mastery that Ka-Master does obviously but it looks like he had really excellent spacing and used the right moves at the right time...........which I personally think is by far the most important aspect of SSBM besides L-cancels.

Top Bottom