• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D1 and Crimson Join Twitch.tv

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

In an exciting development for the Smash scene, well known commentator and community member D1 and Team OXY's Crimson have both announced on Twitter that they will be joining the Twitch.tv family as representatives for the Smash community!

There are no exact details as to what exactly will be happening in these new jobs minus the promotion of the Smash scene but we do know this isn't the end of seeing these well known Smashers in their usual capacity due to a comment made by D1 on /r/smashbros.

"I still can't believe I've moved on to royal colored pastures. The thing is, I got a job with a company that lets me still do community manager work. I can still cast if the opportunity arises as well. Thank you so much for everything people. One of the best days of my life." -D1

Congratulations to both D1 and Crimson! Hopefully this means new exciting things for the world of Smash!

SmashCapps could only dream of having such a cool job, but Smashboards writer is still pretty cool! Go follow him on Twitter to keep up with every he's doing involving Smash.

Last edited:

milesg2g

Smash Champion
D1 looks like Melee Fox to me and I'm so jealous of that. It's probably because every pic of him I see his face it to the left or right.

Last edited:

visvim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
visvim-1893
3DS FC
1736-0405-5625
The legend grows.

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Congrats D1 and Crimson, goin' for the top baby!

T0MMY

Smash Master
Very happy for you, D1. Still remember our first time meeting at MLG Orlando!
Congrats to Crimson as well!
Thanks for doing so much work for the Smash Community!

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Buster no more?
Edit: who am I kidding? He's just Twitch | Buster now.

Last edited:

TreK

Is "that guy"
Damn, that's a dream job for you guys, congratulations !

I trust you guys with convincing Twitch to bring PM back in its game lineup, there's been some shady **** with "Moon" and stuff. It's not going to be easy but we all count on you <3

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
Congrats D1, can't wait to see the wealth of "destruction" that you're commatating in the future!

XOSugar

Smash Cadet
Just a tip for journalistic writing: don't begin an article (or a sentence even) with a parenthetical phrase.

"In an exciting development for the Smash scene," Just get right to the point. You also used the word "exact" twice in this sentence: "There are no exact details as to what exactly"

Happy writing.

Last edited:

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Big name smash people always post their jazz on reddit now. No love for the boards.

D1

Banned via Administration
I wish there were more ways for me to say thank you to all the smashers that kept me staying the scene for as many years as I did. This is no way signifies the end of my efforts to help Smash get more visibility. I'll still cast if I can, help with running a tournament if I can, do social media management, help promote other smashers, take part in interviews, and anything else that increases our exposure in a positive light. Thanks for being so awesome Smash community. It wouldn't have been possible without you.

<3

-D1

P.S. - Had to give Smashboards the better thank you post as this is the place that helped me become who I am today.

Seal

Smash Journeyman
I wish there were more ways for me to say thank you to all the smashers that kept me staying the scene for as many years as I did. This is no way signifies the end of my efforts to help Smash get more visibility. I'll still cast if I can, help with running a tournament if I can, do social media management, help promote other smashers, take part in interviews, and anything else that increases our exposure in a positive light. Thanks for being so awesome Smash community. It wouldn't have been possible without you.

<3

-D1

P.S. - Had to give Smashboards the better thank you post as this is the place that helped me become who I am today.
You da real MVP

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
*le gasp*
But...D1...I thought you were the perfect human being..

Wait.

*le double gasp*
Have I just been englishing wrong my entire life??!
Obviously.

D1, how does it feel to hold the clasp of humanity in your hand?

K7Sniper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
K7Sniper
3DS FC
2595-1237-9071
Now if only Twitch could go back to the previous level of quality before Amazon bought them out...

Those who aren't paying partners or huge names are getting completely throttled by poor video quality and streaming lag.

ValiantNorth

Matrix Speedruns

<3

-D1

10 highly regarded sentiments out of 10! Love you D1

Mr. Cuddles

Smash Apprentice
Pleased to announce that I am joining the @twitch family to bolster the growth of the #SmashBros scene even further.

I hope so , i hope so (by this i mean bring pm back)

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Just a tip for journalistic writing: don't begin an article (or a sentence even) with a parenthetical phrase.

"In an exciting development for the Smash scene," Just get right to the point. You also used the word "exact" twice in this sentence: "There are no exact details as to what exactly"

Happy writing.
10/10 criticism.
@ LiteralGrill LiteralGrill

Also, someone pls (D1, Buster) give us the low-down on Twitch and the Project Moon glitch? I'm under the impression that Twitch is trying to protect us from Nintendo, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

SojyuRyu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shiragon21
3DS FC
2019-9678-7610
Congrats guys you earned it I'm working on my degree in graphic design/web design personally and I'm learning japanese the. I wanna try for Nintendo or Twitch.

Top Bottom