• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D tilt to up B question

moe2144

Smash Rookie
This combo is a staple for mac and one of my favourites to use but i've been having some issues with it when it comes to controller layout and woundering if other are experiencing the same. I can not for the life of me to get this combo to work when tap jump is turned off and can only execute this combo (reliably) when it's turned on.

That's nice and all that I can pull it off but I would really like to have tap jump off for other reasons and when i do have it off mac would mostly side B instead or just stand still after the dash. I can do the up B by it's self with tap jump turned off but it doesn't want to connect with the D tilt

Has anybody else experienced this?

moe2144

Smash Rookie
i had trouble doing it as well so i set my right trigger to jump so it was easier to execute
but you're not supposed to jump? it should be just tilt then an up b. I don't see why jumping effects this at all

CrazyGuy0636

Smash Rookie
The whole reason of Tap Jump is in its name, you just tap up and you jump. Tap jump makes using D-tilt to Up B more effective since you just tilt up when you want to use Up B after a run (to catch DI), but take off tap jump and you have to utilize a jump trigger or button to get the same effect. With tap jump J.C. (Jump Cancel) are done way easier, just tap up, you may never think that you were Jump Canceling, but take that off and it can be a problem. I use a trigger to jump since I turn tap jump off and i get the same effect as if i were using it. Without a trigger to do the Up B after a run you're not going to do an Up B either you're going to skid/keep running or an accidental side B (well that happens to me at least). Hope this can clear what you were saying.

Top Bottom