• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-tilt on slanted floors

Phubs

Smash Cadet
I started picking up meta knight last night and noticed that when he is on a slanted edge, specifically yoshis island, his d-tilt hitboxes appear significantly below his sword, and when facing toward the stage significantly above his sword.

I haven't seen any other threads surrounding this, so I just thought I would put it out there. It seems like something you need to be conscious of if you edge guarded with dtilts

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
Have you looked at the hitboxes in debug mode? Could you (or someone else) maybe post screenshots? I'm quite interested in this.

Phubs

Smash Cadet
@ MegaAmoonguss MegaAmoonguss i was messing around with it a little more today, here's the link to the album: http://imgur.com/a/r8ueX
The hitboxes are definitely off of the sword, but in a couple of the pictures you can see that the sword itself did make contact with and deal damage to the cpu i was next to. Also, I'm assuming that this is a universal thing, since the same phenomenon was happening with Marth. Of course, it won't matter if the hitboxes don't extend very far. Also, this does extend beyond d-tilts into d-smashes.

MegaAmoonguss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaAmoonguss
3DS FC
2251-4929-9404
Dammit I got so hyped for some sick janky d-tilt edgeguards lol

In my experiences I have seen the d-tilt work fine on slanted surfaces, still a pretty cool find with debug mode though.

Top Bottom