• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-Throw to Side B

X3I

Smash Apprentice
Is it a combo ? I saw this in a video but I want to be sure... maybe the opponent was just bad.
That would be reaaally sick, I can already imagine all the possibilities ! *-*

X3I

Smash Apprentice
I never thought a second about that :3
It would be awesome with most numbers, anyway.

McX

Smash Cadet
I saw the video and the guy said only dthrow to 2 is a combo, the rest can be escaped.
..which doesn't really make sense. Someone should test this.

Last edited:

Mettie7

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mettie7
3DS FC
2191-8121-7929
It seems legit at low percentages, pray for 9

X3I

Smash Apprentice
I was actually thinking about this video, when he's testing Judgement's Customs:
On Youtube: watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ucXxJA6vi_s

I'm pretty sure we can't jump out of it, and at some % it seems impossible to escape by vectoring.
That could REALLY be a big thing for Game & Watch.
We need more testing, I guess

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Can someone say for real if in some real situation, is that follow-up viable ?
I don't care if is a true combo, but if the enemy jump out of it, you're punished/hard-punished ?

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
Well I have definitely successfully used it a few times, and it has even netted me some early kills (2 kills with d throw to 9 and one with d throw to 6 so far), and that is only a few days in, so here is to hoping it is a true combo because I really REALLY like G&W this game xD

Edit: There is a possibility you might be able to spot dodge or jump out of it, but that may be character dependent, so it should be tested.

Last edited:

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Works on some characters only. Others can either jump out or simply hit you after dthrow. Sheik or mario can just nair out of any dthrow followups, its sad. You can probbaly bait it and grab again. Dthrow into upb is a combo at percents past 30.

Last edited:

Antexerxes

Training Partner?
NNID
Orochi-Aizen
3DS FC
2509-3490-1795
D-throw into side-b is viable at 15% to 25% on most characters, sometimes higher. The most common follow up I use for 20% - 50% is Nair. At lower percents or heavier characters, you can follow up with another Nair or Uair. If you wanna be flashy, you can Dair them and after the ground bounce (happens on medium and higher percents), combo how you see fit.

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
I think sometime in the next week, I am going to get a friend to help me test what characters this is guaranteed on (if at all).

Off the top of my head, the ones it has work on for me are: Bowser, Toon Link, ZSS, Wii Fit Trainer, and I think Shiek. BUT this is preliminary, and idk the skill level of those players online (and I haven't gotten to play against most characters extensively)

Edit: For proof I have replays saved to my 3DS, BUT I'll need a capture card or something to actually get em on the internet, so it may be a while xD

Last edited:

2DGuy

Smash Rookie
A little off topic from just down throws, what are some other combos you can pull from the throws?

I am having a bit of difficulty finding anything that works past 50%-75%.

ConeZ

Smash Apprentice
Not that many actual combos off of throws from my experience, but his Forward and Back throws are not bad for edge guarding and mixing up.
I beat a L-Mac in less than a minute by throwing him off the ledge than gimping with Fair/ Bair.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
It's like the game knows you want the 9. I almost always get the 9 hammer during dthrow > judgement, I have no idea why

DoubleYooToo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3067-5211-9457
Not that many actual combos off of throws from my experience, but his Forward and Back throws are not bad for edge guarding and mixing up.
I beat a L-Mac in less than a minute by throwing him off the ledge than gimping with Fair/ Bair.
"gimping" Little Mac hardly takes more than a light breeze, really. Does not have a recovery.

LayingSnow

Smash Cadet
Can't escape it. Just got lotch a match due to a 9 and tried it out. No chance at 15-20% with nearly every character

Algfore

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0619-5112-5144
I've been using this all the time in online, there's a few people who can jump out of it but at <25% most everyone can be hit by it.

Also 9's seem to be a lot more common than just random distribution, of the last 10 I've played online, at least 2 of them have been won by 2 stocking with a 9 off the down throw. It's a fairly reliable strat. If they're at a high enough percentage to jump out of it it's also fairly easy to follow it up with a shorthop n-air which from my experience is rarely dodged by most players online

BBC7

Smash Ace
Would this be considered a necro? Meh, I'll post it anyways.

Confirmed to Work(no DI):

:4littlemac:from 30%-50% (1. severity with 20% gap)
:4fox:from 29%-49% (1. severity with 20% gap)
:4falcon:from 49%-60% (2. severity with 11% gap)
:4marth:from 41%-50% (3. severity with 9% gap)
:4falco:from 30%-39% (3. severity with 9% gap)
:4lucina:from 41%-48% (4. severity with 7% gap)
:4pikachu:from 29%-36% (4. severity with 7% gap)
:4dedede:from 53%-56% (5. severity with 3% gap)
:4link:from 49%-50% (6. severity with 1% gap)
:4greninja:from 40%-41% (6. severity with 1% gap)

Does not Work:
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4diddy::4ganondorf::4myfriends::4robinm::4charizard::4sonic:
Untested:
:rosalina::4bowserjr::4gaw::4zelda::4sheik::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4palutena::4duckhunt::4kirby::4metaknight::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4rob::4ness::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4drmario::4darkpit::4pacman::4megaman::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:

Last edited:
Top Bottom