• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-Throw follow-ups

• Thread starter Deleted member 189823
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 189823

So I was as school today, bored as usual, and I was thinking...why not make a thread reguarding gaw's possible D-Throw follow-ups on all characters? I want to improve this little black dude all I can, and I should start here, learning more ways to do damage rather than just spamming N-Air (not like I was THAT linear, anyway).

Why not? We have a thread for our GR follow-ups in the Bowser boards.

D

Deleted member 189823

I got forgot about that thread...

Thank you LaZaRo. (:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
While this thread could be seen as spam/unnecessary, might as well add some discussion in the G&W boards.

My favorite follow-up as I'm performing a dthrow is to physically look at my opponent's controller. Whether you can actually capitalize on the fact that you see what direction they are going to roll or not, it still gets in their head and makes them think twice about your next dthrow. It's beautiful!

This has literally won be 2-3 tournament matches, namely against Lee Martin and Gnes at Quakecon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MvE4qhBG1wc#t=324s

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Now just because I am interested, what do you guys think about that? Is that considered unfair, cheating or otherwise bad sportsmanship? I mean, I think anything that has to do with something outside of the game can be considered unfair, for example looking at the opponents controller. I'm not saying Zac is a bad person for doing it, but what do you people think of this? It definitely is useful.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
To put a twist on your question, if your opponent offered to not look at the TV the entire game and only look at your controller, would you allow it? What's wrong with that? To my knowledge, "looking at the TV" or "not being blind" hasn't ever been a rule for Smash tournaments ;)

Top Bottom