• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-Throw -> F-Tilt

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
If you down throw your opponent and they don't act immediately, they're vulnerable to be hit. All characters can be hit with U-Tilt like this, but not all characters can be hit with F-Tilt.

Snake D-Throw to F-Tilt.png

Green Checkmark = Can D-Throw -> F-Tilt
Red X = Cannot D-Throw -> F-Tilt
Yellow Circle = Only second hit of F-Tilt hits (not recommended)

EDIT: a word

Last edited:

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Turns out this was already posted up in the Discord. Feel free to delete it if this post is redundant or incorrect.

Last edited:

speedguy20

Smash Cadet
NNID
speedguy20
I'm curious if it is just better to Jab, D-air or N-air after D-throw because of the multiple hits that come out. It could count as a jab reset if you d-throw and hold A.
Also there's a buffering system where if you hold jump and A while in the grab animation, Snake will do it IMMEDIATELY. Pretty sure it works with tilts also so this might make it a little bit more consistent.

the_lennyface

Smash Rookie
Turns out this was already posted up in the Discord. Feel free to delete it if this post is redundant or incorrect.
I don't see why we'd have to delete anything just because it's in the discord. I personally prefer this format and really appreciate this post. I'll have to practice to get the timing down with ftilt since I sometimes have trouble with utilt.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
So for those that f-tilt won't work on, we just tech chase. Short-hop n-air or d-air autocancel and have mutliple hitboxes, dash attack is good for its long hitbox, short-hop b-air works too but it has landing lag.

There's gotta be more eh? It's a pretty good throw, I like how it gets better the more percent the opponent has.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

Luigi Linguine

Smash Cadet
I mean immediately get up, attack or roll away. Forgive my old man terminology. :)

This is what I was referring to when I said it was already on the Discord.

Here's the full visual:

Ah, thank you for the clarification. I actually didn't know that some characters were so particular with getting hit by forward-tilt, so this is some good info.

Top Bottom