• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-D-D-DROP THE SEA BASS - DJ Octavio for Smash

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace

Do you even know who you're messin' with?!

DJ Octavio is the final boss of Splatoon. Leader of the Octarians, he's essentially the game's main antagonist, and appears to be playing a significant role in Splatoon 2 as well. Though he spends most of the boss fight inside his deadly flying DJ booth, his fresh dance moves show he's perfectly capable of laying down some beats.

You can't handle my spicy wasabi beats!

DJ Octavio fights best when sitting inside his flying DJ booth, for Smash he's custom built a smaller version so that he can Less powerful versions of his attacks from the boss fight could easily serve as special moves, including the Octorpedos and Octolaser, as well as various Octarian attacks seen throughout the single player mode.

(Source)

What's this? Where mah beats?!

Yes, I know not even the Inklings have made it in yet, so the main villain may seem like a bit of a longshot. But with the success of Splatoon, another rep for the game seems reasonable, if not now then further down the line. Especially given that DJ Octavio is often praised as being one of the best boss fights in recent gaming history, and was a very memorable experience/character for those who played the game. His moveset could offer something pretty unique for Smash, as well as bring in more villains.

How can you not love his spicy dance moves?

DJ Octavio rides in a miniature version of his DJ booth. However, though lacking in size it's not to be trifled with. Now, witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational DJ booth.

Neutral Attack: Octavio uses his DJ booth's robot arms to punch opponents.
Dash Attack: Shower attack - Octavio rushes forward, leaving a trail of ink and damaging those he runs into.

Grab: Wasabi Beatdown - DJ Octavio's robot arms extend and grab the opponent, pulling them back in where Octavio can beat them with his wasabi.

Neutral Special: Octorpedo - Slow but deadly ranged attack. The longer it is charged, the more octorpedos are fired.
Forward Special: Spinning Fists - Octavio's robot fists start spinning for a few frames and fly forward, one after the other. Can be aimed.
Downward Special: Bomb Rush Blush - Octavio fired four splat bombs in succession which will explode after a couple seconds.
Upward Special: Raise the Beats - Octavio's DJ booth blasts upwards, rising him into the air and damaging anyone in the immediate area.

Final Smash: Octobot King II - Octavio rises up out of the screen, the stage darkens and he descends back down in a much larger DJ booth from Splatoon 2, featuring Callie up top. All of his attacks are larger and more powerful for a short period of time.

GYAHAHA! No snow globe can contain this DJ!

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I have to admit I like the idea of DJ Octavio in Smash more so than the Inklings.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Inklings and think they should come first. But DJ Octavio is definitely the next battle-capable character that would represent the Splatoon games well. Plus, he's another villain character, so he'd add some diversity to the roster.

So sure, I'll support DJ Octavio for Smash.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Only if we get loads of fish puns and if he calls everyone a hipster.

P.Kay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
plenty.kay
3DS FC
3153-8243-0352
Well, Inklings are pretty much set for the next Smash. If or when they get included, I'd love to see DJ Octavio in as well. I think he has great moveset potential and I'd love to see him lay down some sick beats while he dances. His final smash could be really cool and colourful and he could have some cool alt colours.

I definitely support him!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I would like to dr...dr..dr...drop the bass and support him too.

Not that he's extremely likely since he also has to compete with the Squid Sisters as far as secondary Splatoon characters go.

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
The purple one looks sexy, even with the red eyes.

I like the look of the red one too.
The red one's based on the Octolings, not sure what else to do for the other 4 alts though. Lighter colors don't look so great with this model's textures just cause there's so much contrast in the arms, might have to mess around with it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Might I suggest orange and blue colors from the female and male inklings?

As well as a Callie color and a Marie color?

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
Alright I tried those out, as well the main colors from Splatoon 2 (which I just realized happen to be Callie and Marie's colors):

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
This is another "too big" character waiting to happen, but **** it I'm in.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Support.

Though that glowing green x makes me think he's a Microsoft rep.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Luckily Splatoon already took care of that little problem for us :3

Added the last 3 people to the list!
This.

He's only big with the mech. They can give him a smaller one or have him fight without it.

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace

Looks like DJ Octavio plays a pretty identical role in Splatoon 2, reprising his role as the main antagonist and final boss.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Now that we have the Inklings in Smash, I am here to say that I would love either the good old DJ or the Squid Sisters as a secondary fighter.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I think Splatoon is big enough to where it can warrant two fighters. Octavio would make a great addition, and there's lots to pull from the two games he was a boss in.

If he's a character though, I can see him being an unlockable that's not revealed until the game's released. He's not a character you can build a lot of hype for, being the final boss of a newer franchise, but definitely one players will appreciate when the game comes out.

Last edited:

TheNerdyOne_

Smash Ace
I played through Splatoon 2 again yesterday and came up with a little moveset/size comparison for him afterwards.

DJ Octavio rides in a miniature version of his DJ booth. However, though lacking in size it's not to be trifled with. Now, witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational DJ booth.

Dash Attack: Shower attack - Octavio rushes forward, leaving a trail of ink and damaging those he runs into.

Grab: Wasabi Beatdown - DJ Octavio's robot arms extend and grab the opponent, pulling them back in where Octavio can beat them with his wasabi.

Neutral Special: Octorpedo - Slow but deadly ranged attack. The longer it is charged, the more octorpedos are fired.
Forward Special: Spinning Fists - Octavio's robot fists start spinning for a few frames and fly forward, one after the other. Can be aimed.
Downward Special: Bomb Rush Blush - Octavio fired four splat bombs in succession which will explode after a couple seconds.
Upward Special: Raise the Beats - Octavio's DJ booth blasts upwards, rising him into the air and damaging anyone in the immediate area.

Final Smash: Octobot King II - Octavio rises up out of the screen, the stage darkens and he descends back down in a much larger DJ booth from Splatoon 2, featuring Callie up top. All of his attacks are larger and more powerful for a short period of time.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Another villain, a second Splatoon repretantive. I'm fine with this idea, way more than the suggestion that the Octolings could be an echo of the inklings. Also seeming as how Yoshi triggers me for being the only representative of his series for all this time and the main antagonist of his series, Kamek, has never been hugely discussed or probably even considered by Sakurai, plus the fact I can see the same thing happening to the inklings, I want the main bad for their series in as soon as possible..

I support DJ Octavio, he'll turn up the beat!

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Never played Splatoon before. But, I'm planning on getting it for my Wii U. I support!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I played through Splatoon 2 again yesterday and came up with a little moveset/size comparison for him afterwards.

The scaling and moveset here is not that bad.

And now that we have Ridley, I guess that's another point in DJ Octavio's favor for the next Smash.

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
I deadass believe he's gonna be DLC, if i get this right someone has to give me a penny.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Now that we have the Inklings in Smash, I am here to say that I would love either the good old DJ or the Squid Sisters as a secondary fighter.
Yo, glad to hear. I'mma bring in my support as well. Just a pity the only support thread the SS has was made back in 2015 (although they'll likely be a shoo-in for the next Smash anyway).

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yo, glad to hear. I'mma bring in my support as well. Just a pity the only support thread the SS has was made back in 2015 (although they'll likely be a shoo-in for the next Smash anyway).
True.

Either of them would be nice. Splatoon needs more fighters in some way.

Top Bottom