• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-air's combo potential

NickD02

Smash Rookie
NNID
MyNameIsNotNick
Greninja Combo: D-air to F-Air or B-air
I found these combos while I was playing for glory. Which combo to do depends on which direction your opponent is launched by the D-Air, and the direction Greninja is facing. (If it is facing the direction the opponent was launched, go for a F-air. If facing away, a B-air.) This may at first seem random, but it actually depends on which side of the character Greninja is on during the D-Air. (See pictures) Also, I don't know whether this combo is true or not, as I had to test it in training mode, due to not having anyone to test it on.

D-Air to F-air
The F-air combo has high knockback, does 22% damage, and is a kill move at high percent, at the edge of the stage.
Percent Range:
Lightweights (Tested on Jigglypuff): ~50% - ~95% (Kills Jiggs at 80% at the very edge of Battlefield)
Medium weights (Tested on Pit): ~80% - ~125% (Kills Pit at 88% at the very edge of Battlefield)
Heavyweights (Tested on Bowser): ~90% - ~165% (Kills Bowser at 107% at the very edge of Battlefield)
Fast Fallers (Tested on Fox): ~80% - ~125% (Kills Fox at 80% at the very edge of Battlefield)

D-Air to B-air
This combo is much less useful than D-Air into F-Air. It doesn't kill, and only does 17%. Which is small compared to into F-Air, which does 22%. Nevertheless, it is an efficient combo.
Percent Range:
Lightweights (Tested on Jigglypuff): ~55% - ~120%
Medium Weights (Tested on Pit): ~95% - ~130%
Heavyweights (Tested on Bowser): ~105% - ~215%
Fast Fallers (Tested on Fox): ~95% - ~105% (Not recommended)
Additional Notes: Yes, My Smash Corner did briefly explain D-air's ability to combo. however, he only mentioned D-air into falling U-air. I wanted to create this post to shed some light on D-air's full potential.
Also, in case it clears anything up, the direction the opponent is facing does not affect either combo.
Important: Greninja's exact position when hitting the opponent with the D-air can affect how early or late the combos connect.

Derpnaster

Smash Journeyman
DAir to Nair is a very reliable (And I'm something like 90% certain true) kill setup for most of the cast when done off the spike. it can work off of a late hit but it's avoidable then.
Also DAir spike to DAir Spike to finisher move is good for the disrespect.

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
Is this thread supposed to be a compilation of everything dair can combo into? Because what you provided is literally just a basic 2 hit combo. Dair has so many combos and uses (dair, bair, fair, nair, Uair spike, footstool, shadow sneak, it jablocks) dair is greninja's most risky, but debatably most rewarding combo tool past low percent. Dair combos into itself 2-3 times w/ the spike (not true, but if the opponent doesn't react well to getting ground spiked you got some free dair's) dair-Uair spike-SH dair-footstool-bair jablock, dair- Uair spike- sh dair spike-dair-fair, dair-footstool-dair fair. So many choices out of dair.

Last edited:

NickD02

Smash Rookie
NNID
MyNameIsNotNick
True. I only decided to include the 2 most basic (but useful) combos. I considered putting Dair into Nair, but I feel like it's so similar to fair in percent ranges.

Guimartgon

Smash Apprentice
Dair into Uair spike is also quite a thing, and it has even crazier combo potential. And of course there's the Dair to footstool.

Last edited:
Top Bottom