• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-air Ledge Landing

DHD

Smash Cadet
I just realised that if you have a stage with ledges that go straight down like a wall (works on others as well), you can double jump towards the stage and throw out a D-air as you're coming over the ledge to land quicker than a wave land. (that is if my memory is correct)

As far as I remember, wave landing is 12 frames and L-cancel D-air is 10. So if all you want to do is land by the ledge, this could save you 2 frames. Not much, but it's if you're unsure you're going to absolutely nail that landing, the safer failed attempt is a rising D-air instead of a sloppy wave land, or even worse; air dodge off stage. (we've all been there)

This works the same way double jump landing works; by extending your landing hit box downwards while going upwards. The difference being that you're going to have to L-cancel it to make it worth doing. This could save you by letting you shield 2 frames earlier, and is a pretty good way to set up for a d-throw spike.
(oh you didn't know about d-throw spikes?)

D-Throw Spike
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjIktTYQUyQ

Luk101

Smash Cadet
But the advantage of wavelanding is you can move during it. And wait his d throw can do that too?? I seriously had no idea his d throw did that. I knew like fox's and charizard's did, but not ness's. It's most likely a meteor though, I seriously doubt that's actually a spike. I like your idea though.

DHD

Smash Cadet
But the advantage of wavelanding is you can move during it. And wait his d throw can do that too?? I seriously had no idea his d throw did that. I knew like fox's and charizard's did, but not ness's. It's most likely a meteor though, I seriously doubt that's actually a spike. I like your idea though.
I can't confirm it now, but according to the other player, he couldn't do anything about it.
(I'm inclined to believe otherwise)

Luk101

Smash Cadet
It probably was punishable, the other person just might not be used to it yet. Coming back to the ledge as ness is a nightmare.

DHD

Smash Cadet
That's why I think this is worth taking into account; the more options you have, the better.
As with most things. But yeah, being able to dash out of the landing is useful, so this might just be one of those never seen mix-ups.

Top Bottom