• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cyberbots

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
(Disclaimer: you can get the game by downloading fightcade (at fightcade.com) and downloading the ROM files by typing in cyberbots full metal madness.zip. Look for romnation.com, emulatorparadise.com, or coolrom.com. All text in bold is outdated)

My name is Baby Sneak and I would like to introduce you guys to a game that is crazy fun; Cyberbots Fullmetal Madness.

The arcade control scheme is like this (use your imagination):
:GCA: :GCB: :GCX:
:GCY:

Cyberbots Fullmetal Madness is a game that was developed by Capcom in April 20, 1995. However, during those years, it would fall into obscurity in the midst of the Street Fighter Alpha, King of Fighters, Marvel Super Heroes, and other popular fighting games. Fortunately, some players have had discovered this game and already had played this game at a proficient level:

This game sports air dashes, OTGs, Fullscreen lasers, half-screen normals, and many more "marvel" elements, minus the infinites. Every bot has 2 supers: a primary one and a secondary one. The primary one is always performed by :GCD::GCDR::GCR: :GCD::GCDR::GCR: light attack, or strong attack and the effect varies . The secondary super is performed just by light attack + strong attack and the effect is always the same (which is a giant get-off-me button). This means every bot has a use for the super, thus giving every bot a option to deal with pressure. In addition to this, you're able to charge up your meter by holding both buttons, but if you get hit, your arm will fall off and you'll be in a weaken state until you get your arm back (more on this feature).

Every bot has four gauges at the top of their screen: a arm gauge (for when you take damage), a life gauge (self-explanatory), a boost gauge, and a weapon gauge. The arm gauge comes as something similar to a stun meter, but different. You're still able to move and fight when you're arm gauge goes zero' you're just gonna be much more weaker and unable to win. The gauge goes zero when you take damage too many times and some moves are specifically for this purpose (like the arm disassemble which is performed by :GCR::GCDR::GCD: + an attack button) . The boost gauge shows how much boost you have left (and trust me, you're going to be running out of boost A LOT when you're playing good) and the weapons gauge shows you the amount of "ammo" you have left. You won't have to worry much about these two gauges, as these fill up very quickly after use. Each bot has different amounts of each compared to one another, so you'll have to find the one that fits you the most.

This game sports a low attack, a high attack, a boost button, and a weapon button. the boost button is the button you'll use when you get hit by a knockdown attack and need to tech (there will be a visual cue to help guide you when you need to press it). It also gives you some much needed mobility on the ground and in the air. Each boy's boost effect is different; some are able to air dash, some are able to wavedash, and all fall within this spectrum of mobility. With the huuuuuuge number of normal attack buttons *sarcasm*, there's only about 8 normals per character, which is small, but with amount of versatility each bot's moveset has, you won't be limited or restricted to being able to do one thing only (here's some guidance to all of the bots plus some you have to input a code to use: http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Cyberbots:_Fullmetal_Madness).

One flaw of the game, however is the lack of active players. I've been on fightcade actively for a couple of days and it's not uncommon to see +50 players daily on KoF98 or 02, yet see only me on cyberbots. I know hardly anyone knows the game and this is why I chose to do this; to introduce players to a gem of a game that they may enjoy greatly and pick up as one of their main games. I've made a discord server for those interested in playing this game with others and for easy access with one another. discord.gg/012CHjqizeGZXFPRO

Thank you for your time,
Baby Sneak

EDIT: the discord server I've created has a small, but deducted following full of very skilled players that are willing to teach you. Kajoq, Juno, myself, Kain, and others are very active players and you'll be able to get multiple games a day if you join. Here's a twitch channel that gives you cyberbot play
http://www.twitch.tv/juno973

And here's a YouTube channel for cyberbots play
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCavlZ-JrYumRtM0AseEUmAw

Last edited:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I remember hearing about this game. Definitely one of the old Capcom games I never got around to, but plan to for fun. I miss the days when we were able to just see fun random IPs.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
I remember hearing about this game. Definitely one of the old Capcom games I never got around to, but plan to for fun. I miss the days when we were able to just see fun random IPs.
You should pick it up and try it. It's really fun

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Definitely going to get into this game. Benn making an effort to play more old school IPs. Been playing Vmapire Savior for the past month and had a blast, can't wait to get into this one.

:150:

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Definitely going to get into this game. Benn making an effort to play more old school IPs. Been playing Vmapire Savior for the past month and had a blast, can't wait to get into this one.

:150:
For sure, get on the discord, and message me. I can teach you and play you there.

Top Bottom