• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

: Cyber Arena VIII: Gurnee, Illinois 10/18/08

Lethal Beauty

Smash Apprentice
Holy ****. I wasn't too lazy to put it on SWF.

http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2922

Cyber Arena VIII

TIMES:
Doubles - 2pm to 6pm
Singles - 6pm to midnight
________
Door Fee: $3 (or pay $5 and get a Bawls!)
Entry Fee: $10 per person for singles, $20 PER TEAM for doubles.
________
Prizes: 65/25/10/Bawls/A slap in the face

Located inside Gurnee Mills Mall. ENTER THROUGH ENTRANCE G OR H. If you're down and out early, go shop or something.

There is a food court located just a hallway down with plenty of food for great prices! And if you're not playing in the tournament, there are PLENTY of computers and games you can still play, SO BRING THE COMPETITION!

PLEASE BRING EXTRA T.V.'S, WII'S, AND CONTROLLERS IF POSSIBLE!

• 3 stock
• 2/3 sets
• 3/5 finals
• 8 minute time limit
• Items off

• Ties broken by lower percentage wins

• First stage agreed upon or random

• DSR: You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on.

• One stage ban allowed.

•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match, are banned.

•Team Attack is ON
•Life stealing allowed

The IC's infinite is now banned again IC's cannot alternate chaingrab more than twice in a row. - Are you happy now, random people-who-don't-even-matter-because-none-of-you-live-remotely-within-this-region?

Stage List:

Random –

Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Battlefield

Counterpicks -

Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Corneria
Pokemon Stadium 1
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Green Greens
Brinstar
Jungle Japes

All other stages are banned. Don't ask about items or the counterpick stages or you're a butt ok.

We're gonna need more fsking setups. I'll nix your door fee if you bring one and we use it.

Zicore

Smash Champion
faye, you should bump this to the following weekend, and then come with us to Kansas City.

Lethal Beauty

Smash Apprentice
No can do, my Zicorely friend, and my deepest regrets, charming Khepri! You two have fun there and destroy someone for me.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
ic chaingrab banned? wtf...

u do know that it take a lot of skill to do them and even at the highest levels people still mess them up.
are the chaingrabs causing people to win every tournament or even any? ice climbers place usually place low as it is and ur gonna take out 50% of their game? even if someone was so good that every time they grabbed u, u died, it still doesnt matter. seriously. dont get grabbed. have you ever played a fighting game ever. theres way more broken stuff in the game and ur gonna take this out and hurt an already hard character to place with.
dont ban them just because you once got chaingrabbed and didnt like it. ban them because theyre broken, which in this case, theyre not.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
You have a cute avatar.

People with cute avatars are supposed to be smart.

Do not ban the IC chain grabs.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Lethal: Banning IC's chaingrabs is an act of total scrub behavior. Learn a thing or two about competitive gaming. Quit being a scrub and banning thing that don't even deserve to be put up for CONSIDERATION for banning. I mean really... of all the things in Brawl that are infinitely more broken, you choose IC chaingrabs?

You and your tourney both suck.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
holychef why did you turn your sig off for your post

this looks awesome, lethal beauty how dare you ban something this cool

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Fayeeee :(.

How exactly are they banned? What do you define as an infinite? Can IC's not CG period? Can the footstool? Can they dthrow fair?

If you are going to ban them at least be specific >_>... What exactly can the IC player NOT do?

It isn't specific at all :(.

Also, TGM received a tooonnn of backlash for limiting the IC's chaingrabs in texas and a lot of people have no respect for him because of it...don't follow suit :(.

Edit:

The backroom discussed this issue a ton and every single person back there came to the same conclusion. If you want reasons why it isn't even close to warrenting a ban then feel free to PM me :).

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
i have no respect for ic players because instead of contacting the TO and discussing the issue maturely they turn into drama queens and spam threads with petty insults

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i honestly don't care. i don't play up the CG anyway, but for those that do i still feel its unfair..... plus i get more posts this way

khepri

Smash Lord
No can do, my Zicorely friend, and my deepest regrets, charming Khepri! You two have fun there and destroy someone for me.
Kels and I should join teams as "Faye's minions" or something of that sort. We need a team name, help us!

Also, people should stop *****ing about the IC chaingrab being banned. You want people to try new things and learn to beat the chaingrab? Why don't you all learn to do without the CG for once and just let it be.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Probably because you can't beat it...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am now hosting a tournament! Shielding/air dodging/spot dodging is now banned because its not fair that you can't be damaged!

Zicore

Smash Champion
it isnt fair i agree. please host this so i can come win it. thanks in advance
I concur. I would totally go to this ****.

And IC players who do nothing but CG have no souls anyways. Don't listen to those freaks.

Faye, this tourney is win. Would go if it wasn't during event 52.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
We are just saying that the chain grabs don't deserve a ban.

Why?

Because they don't, LMAO.

*shrug* Believe what you want, TO's that ban the cg don't really know what they are doing.

LG7

Smash Apprentice
Well, if you're -just- saying it doesn't deserve it, then just say that, and stop insulting the TO.
You are entitled to your opinion, but really, you don't gotta be *****.

Christ, seems like the whole IC forum found out about the ban & decided to *****... even though none of them would show up to it whether it was banned or not.

ook

Smash Lord
Well, if you're -just- saying it doesn't deserve it, then just say that, and stop insulting the TO.
You are entitled to your opinion, but really, you don't gotta be *****.

Christ, seems like the whole IC forum found out about the ban & decided to *****... even though none of them would show up to it whether it was banned or not.
Yeah, I don't think it was the TO's idea to ban it anyway, a few people in the AiB topic wanted it banned.
Just sayin, cause that means it might also get unbanned if enough people want it.... (But not you people who wouldn't even go to this tourney in the first place. GTFO of this topic, lol)

But, not joking, sothe you really should host a no shield tourney. It would be amazing.

xeno

Smash Ace
Hey, props for hosting a tournament, but I question the decision to ban playstyles.
If you say "No ICs chaingrabs" -- first, can you define this clearly?
Secondly, what about other "broken" risk/reward ratios in the game.. picking MetaKnight? King DeeDeeDee chaingrabs? Using Snake? Is edgeguarding broken? And so on. Make one modification, make a million or just leave it alone..

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
Hey, props for hosting a tournament, but I question the decision to ban playstyles.
Secondly, what about other "broken" risk/reward ratios in the game.. picking MetaKnight? King DeeDeeDee chaingrabs? Using Snake? Is edgeguarding broken? And so on. Make one modification, make a million or just leave it alone..
ten chars

Quaz

Smash Master
None of those characters have a guaranteed zero death at any given time. Ice Climbers do.

lol all you IC nubs go back to your little forum k thanx

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm no IC nub Kthx.

All I simply asked was for Faye to define what she means by IC infinites are banned. Currently, I could do several things that would not be infinite, but might be percived as so due to ignorance. So I ask that she posts details. I don't see how this is demeaning at all...

Also, I could post an essay on reasons for the IC infinites not to be banned, but I have already done that and there really isn't a point in doing it here. If the TO wants to hear my opinion I will PM it to her, but I'm not going to post reasons in this thread. I've already convinced several people and TO's to not ban or even think about banning the IC grabs, and it is a big deal to me because it's basically how I got in the backroom. It's hard to argue with really good logic :/.

All the people spamming this thread should stop. The TO isn't a horrible person for doing this lol. People have thier own opinions and if you want to convince them otherwise then do so respectfully.

So again; Faye, will you please explain what exactly you are banning so that the issue is clear? And if you have any questions about the IC's please PM me. I can explain anything you want to know about them. Thanks.

Lethal Beauty

Smash Apprentice
LMAO.

Did all this seriously just happen?

I didn't even know this was going on until someone personally told me about the thread getting invaded by IC players.

The only reason I banned it is because several tourney-goers suggested it should be. I'm just listening to the people so they can have their tournament.

You kids don't even live here. Get off my ***, rofl.

Top Bottom