• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

: Cyber Arena VIII: Gurnee, Illinois 10/18/08

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
You still haven't given a reason to why the chaingrabs are banned. =X

BIG C

Smash Master
fayeeee :(.

How Exactly Are They Banned? What Do You Define As An Infinite? Can Ic's Not Cg Period? Can The Footstool? Can They Dthrow Fair?

If You Are Going To Ban Them At Least Be Specific >_>... What Exactly Can The Ic Player Not Do?

It Isn't Specific At All :(.

Also, Tgm Received A Tooonnn Of Backlash For Limiting The Ic's Chaingrabs In Texas And A Lot Of People Have No Respect For Him Because Of It...don't Follow Suit :(.

Edit:

The Backroom Discussed This Issue A Ton And Every Single Person Back There Came To The Same Conclusion. If You Want Reasons Why It Isn't Even Close To Warrenting A Ban Then Feel Free To Pm Me :).
**** The Backroom

infernohit

Smash Cadet
Everyone here should stop *****ing about the ban since you guys aren't coming to the tournament in the first place. It doesn't even concern you. The TO can ban what she wants.

Tink

Smash Hero
roflll....this threads ******** now...thanks for all the Icies coming in here and spamming up a tournament thread, not a discussion thread <_<....make your own topic somewhere else to complain <_<. if your not planning on coming, it shouldnt even concern you -_-.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
roflll....this threads ******** now...thanks for all the Icies coming in here and spamming up a tournament thread, not a discussion thread <_<....make your own topic somewhere else to complain <_<. if your not planning on coming, it shouldnt even concern you -_-.
I was planning on going.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
You still haven't given a reason to why the chaingrabs are banned. =X
The only reason I banned it is because several tourney-goers suggested it should be. I'm just listening to the people so they can have their tournament

Wow, this thread is a mess. Instead of complaining about a CG ban in a tournament discussion thread that isn't even in your state, why don't you make a topic in the IC thread about it? Seriously, how did the first person even find this thread? Were you scanning tournament threads to see if IC's CG was banned in any of them to go complain? And when you found this did you alert all your little IC buddies? Please stop complaining and being douchebags to the TO.

Tink

Smash Hero
kawaiibunny said:
I was planning on going.
then you got 2 options.....just come and stop complaining, or dont.....the TO should never have to explain their rules. if they want too, sure. but if you dont like it, then dont go <_<. theres plenty of tournaments i didnt go to just because they had ****ty rules i didnt like. but i didnt spam the topic up trying to argue with them. most of this thread is stupid now. stop the spam.

anyone want brawl MMs at this? ill MM with my ike o,0....also....me and C are taking teams at this, watch out!

khepri

Smash Lord
then you got 2 options.....just come and stop complaining, or dont.....the TO should never have to explain their rules. if they want too, sure. but if you dont like it, then dont go <_<. theres plenty of tournaments i didnt go to just because they had ****ty rules i didnt like. but i didnt spam the topic up trying to argue with them. most of this thread is stupid now. stop the spam.

anyone want brawl MMs at this? ill MM with my ike o,0....also....me and C are taking teams at this, watch out!
Not going to Event 52 anymore?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

I wasn't complaining. I was just curious.

I have other characters I play. Ice Climbers aren't my only main. To be honest, I'd probably have a better chance if I used Kirby or Lucario.

And I didn't argue. At all.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
Big C has his own mothuh ****in room.

Wow, so many people hatin on such an insignificant little detail as infinite chain grabs! And I ****in knew hylian would be all up in this. This should be banned just like wobbling, who gives a **** if it's hard to start, it's NOT hard to do, and nothing in this game, especially something as basic as a grab, should be rewarded with a guaranteed KO.

Chain grabs do their damage and it's over, no KO unless you do it on like, an olimar with falco to spike, but that is an example of a counter matchup, not an example of something that's broken.

Hylian, we've talked about this crap a lot, but your side is still flawed. Difficulty of pulling off a technique does not mean it should be okay. People still losing as ice climbers does not mean it's okay. The fine line, however, is how to you actually limit it. They should be allowed to do a certain amount, more than 4 grabs for sure, but to go until death is, I HOPE you and all the other ice climbers can see, a little broken.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
what about ice block locking? its not a cg but it still can work as an infinite on stupid people (which is all this tourney seems to be run by). how can you defend a falco cg as a 'counter matchup' and an IC cg as 'broken'?

Tapion013

Smash Lord
it must have, infy... It must have.

And I point it out because it is specifically a counter matchup. Characters have things on other characters, that happens to be a really bad matchup for olimar for that reason. But, it only is that bad for olimar. Yes it does damage on a bunch of other characters, but it is not a guaranteed KO, hell it's not even a KO. The rest of the cast can easily get back on the stage and start dealing damage back. But this isn't Melee, a stock is a lot more important in brawl than it is in melee, and a guaranteed stock being lost is absolutely ridiculous, as well as comparing falco's chain grab with ice climbers stock ****...

Zicore

Smash Champion
I feel bad for Faye who just wants to host a tourney and then gets bombarded by a bunch of brawl ***s who are 20 hours away and hide behind little computers *****ing that IC's grabs are legit and all that BS.

Faye, **** these asswipes, HOST AWAY! BAN THAT ****! Hell, I would do it out of spite now.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Big C has his own mothuh ****in room.

Wow, so many people hatin on such an insignificant little detail as infinite chain grabs! And I ****in knew hylian would be all up in this. This should be banned just like wobbling, who gives a **** if it's hard to start, it's NOT hard to do, and nothing in this game, especially something as basic as a grab, should be rewarded with a guaranteed KO.

Chain grabs do their damage and it's over, no KO unless you do it on like, an olimar with falco to spike, but that is an example of a counter matchup, not an example of something that's broken.

Hylian, we've talked about this crap a lot, but your side is still flawed. Difficulty of pulling off a technique does not mean it should be okay. People still losing as ice climbers does not mean it's okay. The fine line, however, is how to you actually limit it. They should be allowed to do a certain amount, more than 4 grabs for sure, but to go until death is, I HOPE you and all the other ice climbers can see, a little broken.
What. The. ****.

Seriously?

I didn't tell her not to ban it? I just told her to define what it was because just saying "IC infinites are banned" doesn't really mean anything. I am the one who pointed out to her personally that this thread was being overrun by IC player. I could care less if she bans it, I just asked that she defined what she is banning.

Chill out.

And you don't even have my argument right for not banning them lol. Difficulty to preform doesn't really matter. I agree with you? So chill out. I'm not even asking her to unban it or giving her a hard time. I simply asked her to define it so that whoever wanted to use IC's at the tournament knew what they could do. And she DID define it so I thanked her.

People always turn me into the bad guy, just like people always run to me for help with IC stuff. It's really annoying. I agree that people should just leave Faye alone. It's her tournament and she is doing what the people at her tournament want. I understood that right away. So don't attack me.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
I think you took my post a little dramatically, I wasn't posting out of anger or spite and hardly attacking you, and if you reread the part where I actually mentioned you, you'll see I actually agreed with you, and the rest was only referring to the rest of the people being jerks in this thread.

Edit: Btw, I only brought up your name in the first part because you and I have discussed this a lot :-P You know I love you big sexy, I wouldn't attack you like that.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
i Think You Took My Post A Little Dramatically, I Wasn't Posting Out Of Anger Or Spite And Hardly Attacking You, And If You Reread The Part Where I Actually Mentioned You, You'll See I Actually Agreed With You, And The Rest Was Only Referring To The Rest Of The People Being Jerks In This Thread.

Edit: Btw, I Only Brought Up Your Name In The First Part Because You And I Have Discussed This A Lot :-p You Know I Love You Big Sexy, I Wouldn't Attack You Like That.
<_< >_>...

<3

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This thread is silly. But so is banning the IC chaingrab :/ I mean, beating the ICs isn't that hard at all. Meh, whatever. Out of curiosity, since their alternating grab is banned, what about hobbles or their fair spike -> regrab? Those technically aren't alternating grabs.

Also, don't spam in the thread. I will issue infractions to useless spam posts after this point.

BIG C

Smash Master
This thread is silly. But so is banning the IC chaingrab :/ I mean, beating the ICs isn't that hard at all. Meh, whatever. Out of curiosity, since their alternating grab is banned, what about hobbles or their fair spike -> regrab? Those technically aren't alternating grabs.

Also, don't spam in the thread. I will issue infractions to useless spam posts after this point.
Buit, that's not the point just because it does not make the character broken to an unbeatable extent does not mean the technique itself isn't broken. With the frequency of getting a grab in brawl there should not be a technique that allows an auto KO for getting a grab.

I'm not for it being banned completely but, it should only be a brawl combo worth of damgae anyway which at most is like 30-40%

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
^^^^^ best first post ever

To me, an infinite is in the same vein as stalling. "Don't get grabbed and I wont get a guaranteed KO on you" is like saying "Don't lose the first stock and I wont fly back and forth under FD for 8 minutes". It's just dumb, you know? Ultimately it's up to the TO, anyways. I think what is currently set should be a good middle ground that IC players can work around. If you can't win games without it, then I doubt the tournament, and the community, will be worse off without you.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Hylian, please get out of here and stay to your own region where your opinion might have some weight..

anyways tink, you and big c are going down... as long as i can get bo x7 to go.. >.>;

Teh Future

Smash Master
I don't see how it's any different than banning falco's chaingrab to spike or dedede's infinite... Which are never banned, not to mention falco and dedede are about 10x better than IC without their grabs. As to people complaining about ice climber users coming in here, seriously stfu. If their chaingrabs get banned here than it helps it become acceptable in other tournaments as well. So even if they aren't attending this one, it still affects them.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian, please get out of here and stay to your own region where your opinion might have some weight..

anyways tink, you and big c are going down... as long as i can get bo x7 to go.. >.>;
Hey buddy, how about you don't tell me where I can post on an online forum :). I happen to know several people in this topic.

Thanks.

Also, if you haven't noticed the IC's grab stuff is restricted in Texas.

Some weight my opinion holds. But I disgress, I wasn't even imposing my opinion on Faye, I just asked her to define what she was banning, so really I don't know what your qualm is with me :).
Wow

Hey everyone lets all be ***** to Hylian for no reason like this guy! / End Sarcasm

Seriously...........
I'm used to it honestly :). Don't fret.
Don't hate on my boy hylian... we're gonna get married some day, you'll see!! YOU'LL ALL SEE!!!!
Tapion is my lover.

That's right, I went there.

<3.

Edit:

Will people PLEASE stop posting stuff about the CG here. She said she banned it because people wanted it banned. There. Go argue it on the IC's forum rather then spam this topic up.

If you are going to talk about something, gossip about how sexy tapion is. (I do it all the time :) )

Top Bottom