• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cuts for future installments?

Ranch Dubois

Smash Rookie
I seem to recall Sakurai stating that it is likely that there will be cuts for future Smash installments, but I can’t actually find where he said it. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

I’m mainly asking for the homies Pichu and Ice Climbers. I think it’s fairly likely that Ice Climber will become a “permanent” character, but Pichu is definitely iffy. What do you think the odds of Pichu returning for future installments are like?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly I'm just hoping future games just build off of Ultimate so cuts can be a thing of the past. IMO there's no point in buying a sequel that has a smaller roster, you know?

D

Deleted member

I don't think there should be any cuts anymore. That might not be possible, but it will be hard as hell to top Ultimate's roster.

The only cuts I'll accept are :ultdoc:,:ultyounglink:/:ulttoonlink:, :ultpichu:, :ultlucina:/:ultchrom:, and :ultduckhunt:. That's it.

Frost Ace

Smash Rookie
NNID
Frost Ace
I don't think there should be any cuts anymore. .

Should be? absolutely not. Will there be? That'll end up being in the hands of Square and Konami. Most of the roster I don't see ever going away, but Snake and Cloud? I can see them easily being cut. Konami are real ******** with their IPs. I'm surprised we even got Snake let alone Simon and Ricther. Dont even get me started on square. Square might be even worse than Konami.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think sakurai is underestimate

I think just think they can just port from ultimate and add stuff to still make it new

The only hard to come back is snake and cloud since those company's are hard it would only be cloud if hideo was still with konami

The ones that would probably be acceptable is :ultdoc::ultlucina::ultmiifighters::ultpichu::ultdarkpit::ultchrom::ultyounglink:

Last edited:

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Cutting characters improves efficiency in development, so I’d like to see cut characters in future installments be made as DLC so as not to sacrifice any important content in the base game.

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
Can we just have a pinned thread where everyone can just debate which characters can be cut, please? We are getting these types threads two times a week. It's getting old.

Last edited:

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
This is getting so annoying another thread asking which character should be cut. Why? Every character should stay in from here on out.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I seem to recall Sakurai stating that it is likely that there will be cuts for future Smash installments, but I can’t actually find where he said it. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.

I’m mainly asking for the homies Pichu and Ice Climbers. I think it’s fairly likely that Ice Climber will become a “permanent” character, but Pichu is definitely iffy. What do you think the odds of Pichu returning for future installments are like?
5%

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
The fewest possible.
The only ones I'd understand ever being cut, are the legal nightmares like Cloud and Snake. Maybe Young Link, Pichu, and Dr. Mario but I guess they have their fans.

Ranch Dubois

Smash Rookie
The main reason I made this thread was to see if Sakurai actually said that or if I’m just crazy. I looked through the e3 presentation and the Simon Direct and I couldn’t find it. Can any of you either find it or confirm that I’m crazy?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I like the idea of keeping fighters forever. But if there are going to be cuts.....
:ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultgreninja::ultisabelle::ultlittlemac::ultmegaman::ultgnw::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpiranha::ultdarkpit::ultrob::ultroy::ultchrom::ultryu::ultken::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultyounglink::ultzss: I would not have any problem if any of these fighters were cut.
Edit: I removed Lucina and the Miis since I'm starting to have fun with them.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They could keep Snake around as long as they find a way for Hayter to get new lines before he gets too old to keep going.

Cloud though? Guy's toast until a serious shakeup in SE happens. And due to the way non-union productions work and the fact Steve Burton's name has to be credited no matter what, he'll remain stuck speaking in Japanese.

Top Bottom