• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cut it out, IN SMASH! - Snip and Clip (Snipperclips) for Smash Switch

How do you feel about Snip & Clip?

• Likely, I want them in

• Unlikely, I want them in

• Likely, I don't want them in

• Unlikely, I don't want them in

Results are only viewable after voting.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

SNIP & CLIP
The main characters of Nintendo's first own Switch eShop game get in on the action!

WHY SNIP & CLIP?

With every iteration of Smash there's usually one character that doesn't seem to quite fit. However, all characters usually make sense in hindsight. Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B. and finally, Wii Fit Trainer. These characters all represent a piece of Nintendo Hardware, heck, R.O.B. is LITERALLY the hardware he represents. I know you are wondering, what hardware do Snip and Clip represent? I'll tell you, they represent the Joy-Cons themselves. Snipperclips was even bundled with Joy-Cons in Europe!

Not only do they represent a piece of hardware Nintendo is quite fond of recently, Snipperclips was one of the first switch games. Not only was it one of the more popular games at launch, but it also was popular enough to warrant a physical copy of the game.

THERE IS NO MOVESET POTENTIAL??
When it comes to Smash, there are little cases when "No moveset potential" is an issue. In fact, Snip and Clip could have one of the more creative movesets in Smash Switch. I can visualize it now, Snip and Clip being cut into various shapes for their normal attacks, and using items found in Snipperclips as specials. Exactly how this is done can be done in so many ways, I can bet designing a moveset would be fun for the developers.

SUPPORTER LIST
If you want to get in this list, just say you support the character. You should type Starcutter Starcutter too, just so I know.

Support icon by sam☆jam

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, Snipper Clips would actually not be such a bad idea as a fighter. I like the idea of them turning into shapes to attack the opponents. I think they really should get a stage though, it would be pretty interesting to see a stage where shapes shift in unexpected ways that can cause fun. Kind of like :pictochat:.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
You know, Snipper Clips would actually not be such a bad idea as a fighter. I like the idea of them turning into shapes to attack the opponents. I think they really should get a stage though, it would be pretty interesting to see a stage where shapes shift in unexpected ways that can cause fun. Kind of like :pictochat:.
Honestly, I believe a stage is almost guaranteed, as it SCREAMS stage gimmicks. It would also be the perfect stage to dump all the Big Brain Academy, Pictochat and all those weird spinoff songs from past games. (Plus sweet remixes of the already sweet soundtrack)

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
Really hope these two are playable and not just assist trophies/actual trophies. If Paper Mario gets into Smash too then I can see them winning that matchup 100:0 haha.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i think they be great fun to play as, i imagine itd be a complex moveset to design but not impossible

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
They would certainly be fun- but I'm not sure how likely.
That said, surely fun.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Thinking up moveset ideas is really interesting since there's so many weird things they could do in theory, from turning into a sharp corner edge and attacking with a quick jabbing animation, or throwing a basketball as a special move.

Honestly, my biggest issue is trying to figure out how they would work on a FUNDAMENTAL level. Would you control both at once, as one entity, or would it be like Ice Climbers? Could you leave one of the two in place and use that as a setup, hitting an opponent towards the first one to then switch characters and continue the combo?

Potentially, one of the characters would be completely intangible and would follow the player around. Maybe the player would be able to use the other one as sort of a tool similar to Rosalina and Luma, but only with certain special moves? I could see maybe Down B and Neutral B commanding the other one to do a certain action, like an attack or something?

I also had an idea for the up B being a suicide move, as in the player dies like if they were cut up by player two in snipperclips, then respawns in front of the other Snip or Clip. This would be a very good, but also rather exploitable recovery similar to Orcane from Rivals of Aether.

I'm not sure if the main mechanic of Snipperclips itself (snipping) would be able to be a move of it's own, but I can assume it would be integrated, even as how Snip & Clip change shapes.

There's some creativity required when making these guys into a character, and that what I think interests me most about this.

Phoebee

Smash Cadet
I don't see them as terribly likely but I'd love them in--assuming Paper Mario doesn't get in I still love the idea of a character made of paper with the physics of that. Also I just love the game and the characters, and I'm sure the moveset would be interesting!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I haven't played Sniperclips just from lack of time, but count me as a supporter. This feels like an incredibly Sakurai choice to make, in the same vein as something like WFT. Not that they don't have merit already, but just as such an unexpected, unusual, and under the radar rep.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I only played the demo for Snipperclips, and I fell in love with these two. While I have no idea how they could be implemented in Smash, I still hope they’ll be represented in some way, and playability would be fantastic. I support.

SoaPuffball

Smash Cadet
Add me too Starcutter Starcutter I want Snip and Clip in Smash period. It will surely be one of the most unique character (even thought it will be the third duo character because Ice Climbers and RosaLuma)

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Not that I thought they had much of a chance to begin with, but I'm assuming the general music logo disconfirms Snip and Clip as potential fighters.

sam☆jam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MiracleJeanacle
3DS FC
1032-1249-3789
Just noticed that a track from Snipperclips has been uploaded to the official smash bros blog!

https://www.smashbros.com/en_GB/sound/index.html

"Noisy Notebook" from Snipperclips. The universe icon for this piece is only a generic eigth-note so idk what that means for Snip & Clip, but it's a nice arrangement at least

edit - ninja'd. also here's a snip and clip support icon

ico_snip&clip.png
ico_snip&clip_small.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom