• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Customizing GameCube Controller Plug In

Kadano

Magical Express
Does anyone know how to take on of these apart?
I haven’t had the need to do so yet, but my standard procedure for opening plugs in general is holding a thin knife exactly on the gap and pounding on it with a hammer.
It looks like the GCC plugs have hooks within the small holes in the back, so you will probably need to dis-attach them as well (with a needle or something) to open it up.

Also, posts like these are better asked within the sticky “technical Q&A” thread.

seanf121

Smash Rookie
Hey did you ever get this to work out? Im curious because i can't figure it out

Last edited:

Front Mission

Smash Rookie
At the moment i'm repairing my gamecube controller and found this link on google.
Trying to remove the plug from the mobo its just solder to the board and still don't
know how to remove the controller purple plug connector 4 open ports 2 on the
steel part and 2 on the purple parts. Look like a special tool is needed to unlock
the plastic and steel part try basic tools and no luck same tools that open the
controller shell. No ideas how to unlock the plastic parts so still searching on
google to find the tool that does

Pauer

The Pauerful
Front Mission Front Mission , it's very hard to understand what exactly it is you're trying to do. Maybe you can post some pictures or describe your issues in more detail?

Front Mission

Smash Rookie
Haven't search for official tool to open controller plug. At this stage in rebuilding the controller again and electric taping wire cuts with no copper damaging major cuts of plastic.

The plans is to custom my Nintendo GameCube Controller with non official marking. /////-----////uploading ////
////To Smashboard Main Frame///...
......access........
Seen the upload was incomplete fix later.
IP1lP2lP3l

Last edited:

Pauer

The Pauerful
So you want to open this plug?
If so, have you tried what the other people suggested? Holding a knife/letter openener on the edge and pounding on it with a hammer?

Front Mission

Smash Rookie
Yes. Project on hold till I get the parts. Using hammer will mark the plastic maybe I find the key to unlock it. Well right about the hammer and pin part if I'm not going to use it for another gc controller.

Top Bottom