• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Stage Weekly Building - Contest 1: Assist Home Stage[Voting Open]

Which one is the best custom home stage?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

A.K.A. the CSWB
Now that Stage Builder is here, I thought it'd be a fun idea to hold out a small contest for these every week. These are in no way meant to be serious as there are no prizes involved, just a way for users to express their creativity in predetermined themes.
Each user may submit one stage per theme and the winner will be decided by a popular vote. Due to this, it may end up being more of "every other week" to allow everyone time to build, submit and then vote but we'll see how that goes. Besides stage submissions, users may also suggest future themes.
For general Stage Builder discussion and custom stage sharing, please use the other thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/stage-creation-idea-thread-stage-builder-confirmed.465476/

So without further ado, let's open the first contest. Screenshots of the stage are the minimum required to enter the contest as many users might not have the NSO to be able to share it, but stage codes can still be submitted if you can provide them.

Our first week's theme will be a more general one: Assist Trophy Home Stages.
Create a stage based off one of the series currently only represented through Assist Trophies.
And remember to explain the concept behind your stage and what references you are using when submitting your stage.

To Be Added Here:
Poll link
Post links to each submission
Previous contests

Hope ya'll ain't busy with Joker

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I expect a loooooot of Lighthouses to pop up in this thread.

I'm not interested in tangling in that kind of rat race, so I decided to go with something simple.

I don't think there's much to say. It's just the Swapnote letter reading screen, with an indicator showing there's a new note. The slightly different shape at the top is supposed to read who the letter is from, but any attempt on my end to actually letter it ended up intensely ugly, so I just skipped out on that. The black platform is meant to be a stage drawn onto the note, but the rest is left blank so that in theory the Nikki Assist could just drop in and do whatever. In theory.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I guess I'll get the Lighthouse train started, then:
why do the images from this thing turn out so JPEG-y, Nintendo pls

This is... at least supposed to be Venus Lighthouse from Golden Sun, so obviously it'd be Isaac's stage. It copies the rough layout of the lighthouse, so one large central tower, plus two elevator platforms on either side (they move up and down to let you move between the two main sections). Decided to split up the central tower to make it a little more interesting and have more stuff happening. The two lower blocks move back and forth, merging and splitting like how the lighthouse itself splits open when it's been lit. There's also a windbox in the well, so the idea there is to aim for slam dunks or kills off the top, where your opponent gets swallowed up and falls to their doom. The top section is fairly basic and doesn't have too much going on, except for some slow windboxes to simulate the effect the lit lighthouse would (probably) have on the wind. It doesn't look the best artistically (I wish they'd add more aesthetic elements like statues), but I think the idea works okay.

D

Deleted member

We got two entries so... gues that's that, huh? It's been a week and rules are rules, so let's get voting.
No need to link the stages... you can just... you can just scroll up a bit.

Top Bottom