• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Paint jobs for Nintendo products

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I was referred to you by Roller. I REALLY like your work and I would be more than willing to pay for your services. I do not have a sketch ready but here are the details of what I would want:

The "canvas": It's a Japanese White Gamecube Controller. It's in good shape. It does have a sticker on the back between the shoulder buttons but it can removed with some hot water.

The details: Where the Gamecube logo is I would like my initials "TC" The overall scheme and colors of the controller should match something like King Dedede's coloring on his robe. So maybe my letters and accents could be in yellow and the body of the controller in white and red.

[collapse=A reference]
[/collapse]

Maybe you could also put a picture of a yellow warp star on both of the sides as well.

If it were possible to put a picture of a Gordo on the back in between the shoulder buttons that would be ****. I just want a controller that captures the essence of King Dedede. I'm flexible about the design I just want to brainstorm with you and see what we can do. I DEFINITELY want one of your custom designs though.

Here's a reference for the Gordo. This is simple and effective.

[collapse= Gordo]
[/collapse]

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
I was referred to you by Roller. I REALLY like your work and I would be more than willing to pay for your services. I do not have a sketch ready but here are the details of what I would want:

The "canvas": It's a Japanese White Gamecube Controller. It's in good shape. It does have a sticker on the back between the shoulder buttons but it can removed with some hot water.

The details: Where the Gamecube logo is I would like my initials "TC" The overall scheme and colors of the controller should match something like King Dedede's coloring on his robe. So maybe my letters and accents could be in yellow and the body of the controller in white and red.

[collapse=A reference]
[/collapse]

Maybe you could also put a picture of a yellow warp star on both of the sides as well.

If it were possible to put a picture of a Gordo on the back in between the shoulder buttons that would be ****. I just want a controller that captures the essence of King Dedede. I'm flexible about the design I just want to brainstorm with you and see what we can do. I DEFINITELY want one of your custom designs though.

Here's a reference for the Gordo. This is simple and effective.

[collapse= Gordo]
[/collapse]

We will talk

Hey, I'd be more than willing to pay for one of these things. How much do you charge? Also, will you provide the controller to be painted? Or should we ship one?

Let me know all the details I'd need to have this done. My design would be pretty simple.

The University of Michigan "M" in the middle of the controller.

http://www.mgbowling.com/images/pro...g-university-of-michigan-wolverines.large.jpg

With that blue background being the base color of the controller.

And GO BLUE written in the same basic style as on the button in that pic. Somewhere on the controller. Back or sides? One word on each side or something, idk.

And if it would be possible. I would like this helmet design incorporated into the controller going from near the top down the back in the same yellow color.
http://nothingisilluminated.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/you_next_original_1680x1050.jpg
http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_32000/FF_32532_l.jpg

I'd also like the little nub at the end of the controller wire that sticks out of the system to be painted blue except for right next to the metal. And if the wire can be painted in a way that it wont just peel off when I wind it up around my controller and unravel it, I'd like it to be that same color yellow. If not, it's fine.

Please let me know any details about if/how/when this can happen.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Can I get an estimate for the costs of your commission and shipping to South FL?

You said you might make fees in the OP, but I don't really see them. I don't have much money so I just want an idea of how much I'll need. I would loooooove a Rosalina themed controller. I just wanna know if I can afford it lol.

:rosalina:

Exdeath

Smash Master
Can I get an estimate for the costs of your commission and shipping to South FL?

You said you might make fees in the OP, but I don't really see them. I don't have much money so I just want an idea of how much I'll need. I would loooooove a Rosalina themed controller. I just wanna know if I can afford it lol.

:rosalina:
I'm also interested in this (I'm ~5 hours north of 2link).

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
The shipping on a controller would be around 10 dollars, but we can work something out as far as price is concerned. It's the time and paint used that makes up the price. the less you want on a controller the cheaper naturally.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Id love a custom design. I would want it to be a white or cyan color and have a cyan yoshi on it. Maybe a cyan egg(s) or something as well, but I'm not positive on a design yet. I'll think about it.

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
I'd love a custom design, do you think ud be able to customize a pro classic controler?

http://wiibags.com/images/Wii-Classic-Pro-Controller3.jpg

I'll pay u and everything !, just explain to me the process!
What I do is this:

1st day - apply 3 coats of adhesion promoter for the paint to stick, then apply the first color (3 coats) on the controller and wait 24 hours.

2nd day - apply frisket designs on controller (if desired) on controller before painting next 3 coats of another color.

3rd day - repeating day 2 if necessary, but I'll peal off designs and apply clear coat acrylic paint (3 coats) if no additional colors are needed.

4th day - another 3 coats of acrylic clear coat for extra protection.

After that it's a week of drying before it can be used.

SoleSM

Smash Rookie
I must say I really appreciate the custom paint jobs you've made for the controllers. Also thank you for posting a brief instruction on how to do something like that. It definitely inspires me to come up with some designs for the x amount of extra controllers I have lying around my room lol. :)

GameStation aka C4?!

Smash Journeyman
Interesting point of view, I respect that. Of course I've only been doing this for less than a year and I've been getting better at it. But really your at the mercy of the artist when you ask him to permanently change your controller, and I haven't heard anything really bad from anybody that I do work for.

StarFruit

Smash Cadet
i have a question about the paint. how durable is it? I have sweatier hands than most people when I play smash, and i wouldn't want any paint coming off. also i would love to see more! i really have enjoy what i've seen so far and i also might be interested in one soon. I will let you know though

Top Bottom