• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Custom Game] Cage Fight!!!

[] SUND4NCE []

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2320-6661-2927
(Before i begin, i want to mention that i wasn't sure where to put this. Apologies in advance if i'm not supposed to put this forum post here.)

Do make sure to give my stage a "yeah" if you enjoyed what you saw here, it'll really help in the long-term.

I'll also provide the appropriate twitter link if you want to share this map on social media: https://twitter.com/4ntarianSP4CE/status/1119154833255047169

Description:

"Cage Fight!!!" is a party map that supports up to 4 players (whether it be online or offline). The goal of the game is simple: the fighters are spawned on top of the platform inside of the box (the "cage") and fight each other. The only way to kill an opponent is to knock them through the hole at the top of the map, which is easier said than done. It isn't uncommon to get to about the 300% range or higher before you're eventually KO'd, the fun mostly comes from the mayhem than ensues.

I HIGHLY recommend playing this on either 4 player free for all or 2v2 teams. Its best played with a lot of friends and can get a bit stale with only 2 people.

The map itself was inspired by a custom stage i used to play a lot on during Brawl. It followed a very similar premise, and my goal with this stage was to revise and refine that design, as well as distribute it online so that everyone can enjoy this very chaotic game.

Rules:

I'll be providing my recommended rules for both online arena rooms, as well as offline local play. I'd normally just have it be stock battles on online, but you can't have unlimited time in an arena room (the max is 10 minutes). Because of that, i had to really adjust my preferred ruleset into something that'd work for the online setting as well. I hope you'll agree with my suggested rules, and if you don't, you're free to rework them to your liking.

Style - Stock
Stock - 5
Time Limit - Infinite
FS Meter - Your call
Spirits - Your call
CPU Lv. - Doesn't matter
Damage Handicap - Off
Stage Selection - Anyone
Items - (pictured bellow)
Random Stage Selection - Doesn't matter

First to - doesn't matter (if you want numerous rounds, i guess best to 2 or 3 wins?)
Stage Morph - Off
Stage Hazards - Doesn't matter
Team Attack - Doesn't Matter (if you're playing a teams variant, I'd set it to "on" for fair play)
Launch Rate - 1.0x
Underdog Boost - Doesn't Matter (haven't tried it, it could possibly make things more fun)
Pausing - Doesn't matter
Score Display - Doesn't matter
Show Damage - Yes

Style - Time
Time Limit - 10:00
FS Meter - On
Spirits - Your call
CPU Lv. - Doesn't matter
Damage Handicap - Doesn't Matter (turning it up might help compensate for the time restrictions)
Stage Selection - Anyone

First to - 1 Win
Stage Morph - Off
Team Attack - Off
Launch Rate - 1.0x (idk if you can change it in arena to begin with)
Underdog Boost - Off (idk if you can turn it on in arena to begin with)
Pausing - Off
Score Display - Off
Show Damage - Yes

Suggested Items

Last edited:

4ntarianSP4CE

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6188-3854-4790
I just realized i posted this on my abandoned account, lol.

Welp, i'm not re-posting it. That took forever to write

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
(Before i begin, i want to mention that i wasn't sure where to put this. Apologies in advance if i'm not supposed to put this forum post here.)

Do make sure to give my stage a "yeah" if you enjoyed what you saw here, it'll really help in the long-term.

I'll also provide the appropriate twitter link if you want to share this map on social media: https://twitter.com/4ntarianSP4CE/status/1118749365596639232

Description:

"Cage Fight!!!" is a party map that supports up to 4 players (whether it be online or offline). The goal of the game is simple: the fighters are spawned on top of the platform inside of the box (the "cage") and fight each other. The only way to kill an opponent is to knock them through the hole at the top of the map, which is easier said than done. It isn't uncommon to get to about the 300% range or higher before you're eventually KO'd, the fun mostly comes from the mayhem than ensues.

The map itself was inspired by a custom stage i used to play a lot on during Brawl. It followed a very similar premise, and my goal with this stage was to revise and refine that design, as well as distribute it online so that everyone can enjoy this very chaotic game.

Rules:

I'll be providing my recommended rules for both online arena rooms, as well as offline local play. I'd normally just have it be stock battles on online, but you can't have unlimited time in an arena room (the max is 10 minutes). Because of that, i had to really adjust my preferred ruleset into something that'd work for the online setting as well. I hope you'll agree with my suggested rules, and if you don't, you're free to rework them to your liking.

Style - Stock
Stock - 5
Time Limit - Infinite
FS Meter - Your call
Spirits - Your call
CPU Lv. - Doesn't matter
Damage Handicap - Off
Stage Selection - Anyone

First to - doesn't matter (if you want numerous rounds, i guess best to 2 or 3 wins?)
Stage Morph - Off
Team Attack - Doesn't Matter (if you're playing a teams variant, I'd set it to "on" for fair play)
Launch Rate - 1.0x
Underdog Boost - Doesn't Matter (haven't tried it, it could possibly make things more fun)
Pausing - Doesn't matter
Score Display - Doesn't matter
Show Damage - Yes

Style - Time
Time Limit - 10:00
FS Meter - On
Spirits - Your call
CPU Lv. - Doesn't matter
Damage Handicap - Doesn't Matter (turning it up might help compensate for the time restrictions)
Stage Selection - Anyone

First to - 1 Win
Stage Morph - Off
Team Attack - Off
Launch Rate - 1.0x (idk if you can change it in arena to begin with)
Underdog Boost - Off (idk if you can turn it on in arena to begin with)
Pausing - Off
Score Display - Off
Show Damage - Yes

Suggested Items

Hey, uh, how do you make a Twitter post for your own stage? I posted a stage this morning and couldn't find it online.

EDIT: Never mind, I was having a daft noob moment. I just had to look up "Terror Meteor" in the in-game search engine. It turns out that while I'm far from the only one to make a "falling meteors" stage, I am the only one to have used that name. Here's the Twitter post to prove that I found the stage I posted:

Anyways, sorry about derailing the thread to ask a stupid question. I'll concede the floor to the TC now.

Last edited:

4ntarianSP4CE

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-6188-3854-4790
Hey, uh, how do you make a Twitter post for your own stage? I posted a stage this morning and couldn't find it online.

EDIT: Never mind, I was having a daft noob moment. I just had to look up "Terror Meteor" in the in-game search engine. It turns out that while I'm far from the only one to make a "falling meteors" stage, I am the only one to have used that name. Here's the Twitter post to prove that I found the stage I posted:

Anyways, sorry about derailing the thread to ask a stupid question. I'll concede the floor to the TC now.
That's AOK, i went ahead and left a response to your twitter post as well. I'll be sure to give your map a shot, and i hope you will give mine one as well. I had just updated it too to fix some issues with the previous version (the current ID and thumbnail can be found in the OP), so the previous version is obsolete. People were camping on the top of the cage when i was playing on the previous version, so that's been dealt with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom