• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Controls?

Nohbl

Smash Journeyman
Do you use custom controls? If so, what did you alter, and why?

I changed nearly everything except d-pad and c-stick since I'm not interested in playing Melee.

L : Special
R : Special
Z : Shield
Y : Special
X : Grab
B : Attack
A : Jump
Tap Jump off

I know it's weird. This setup is a newer change from the first one I played with. I have slow hands so this control scheme makes it easier for me to play.

I made A Jump so it's easier to press everything else afterward. B is Attack because it's the next easiest button to hit. X used to be Shield but I changed Shield to Z to make L-Cancelling easier; X was free so I made it Grab. Y was my initial Special button and I saw no reason to change. I ended up making both the triggers Special because I didn't need them for anything other than Grab; having 3 Special buttons makes it easier to mash, such as with Mario Tornado. Biggest disadvantage I've seen so far is that taking Grab off the trigger I had it on has made DACUS'ing needlessly difficult.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
L : Special
R : Special
Z : Shield
Y : Special
X : Grab
B : Attack
A : Jump
Tap Jump off
what the heck how do you play

I use Tap Jump off, X as Side Taunt, and that's about it. Side taunt because I'm a Snake main, and I can get d-walk dthrow footstool cheese, and the X button's right there for the footstool.

Top Bottom