• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Curse Starts Pro SSBM Team, Picks Up Chillindude829

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Team Curse has started a professional SSBM team, adding Kashan “Chillindude829” Khan as their inaugural member.

Chillin has been a part of competitive SSBM from the beginning, forming the crew H2YL (Ha Ha You Lose) with legends ChuDat and Azen in 2002. He has placed high in tournaments with his trademark aggressive Fox for over a decade, and with this new sponsorship he will continue to be a force in regional and national tournaments to come. “I’m really thrilled to join Curse Gaming,” said Chillin. “I’m excited to expose the thousands and thousands of Melee players to an organization like Team Curse. Even though [SSBM] is a 12 year old title, it looks like one of the fastest growing gaming communities.” Team Curse is planning to add more players to their SSBM roster by the MLG National Championships and EVO 2014.
“A lot of new school players are impressive, but I think my old school smarts will help my team win.”

Team Curse is the second well-known gaming organization to start a SSBM team in as many months, with Team Liquid picking up Smash legends KoreanDJ and Ken in March. With this newfound attention from eSports teams and the FGC, will more pro teams start picking up talent as well? Make your voice heard in the comments below.

Read the Team Curse press release here!

The Derrit is really excited to see eSports getting involved in SSBM. Geek out with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Last edited:

strawhats

Smash Master
good stuff to Chillin. Congrats man...now lets get Azen going to tournaments again so he and chu can join you on team Curse. H2YL, Curse edition by MLG/EVO...hope it happens.

Eskelsen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Eskelsen
Congrats to Chillin, its great to see teams/corporations taking interest into a game that's 12 years old and still growing.

KMAL

Smash Apprentice
Congrats to Chillin. Now we need Azen ro start going again, and Chu to join you on team curse. i have always liked H2YL so i hope it happens again.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Cheers to you Chillin.
--
On a separate note does Chillin hang out on Smash Boards at all?

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
I wanna see Chilln Top 3 every tourney he goes to HYPE

Top Bottom