• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Zero Suit Samus Matchup Thread

BioDG

Smash Ace
Thanks. I aspire to be a part-time Illustrator (or full time if it jumps off farther than I expected).

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Tomorrow I'll start legit MU threads.
5 at a time, I think, then I'll make one "MU Central" thread that I can actually update.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Nick, explain the Yoshi MU to me (I imagine you're good at it because of Polt..?). I MMed a Yoshi this Monday for $20, and I'm probably going to MM him again some time soon. I won, but he almost took me to game 5. I have no idea how to fight Yoshi. I thought if you grabbed him out of his 2nd jump he'd die...but he made it back on stage somehow o.o

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Someone explain to me the timing on the rob infinite to me please, i get it but when i go for the dsmash after the footstool they always get out.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I always try the dsmash version...and yeah, the inputs leave little room for error.

I might need some insight on the g&w matchup. Right now, I walk into it thinking the most important things are that you can upsmash to stop constant aerial approach attempts, jabbing through close range pressure, and teching dthrow. But I still have issues with it. What else do you guys look out for?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I don't have much experience in this MU but whenever I played it, I felt like G&W doesn't really have an approach option outside of bair.
When he bairs, don't try to shield it. Jump over it and bair him.
If you're gonna try to uair him, you have to watch out for key, but you don't really have to watch out for it that much if he still has upward momentum from whatever you hit him with.
If you can predict keys, punish with pivot grab --> air release --> uair. It's very easy.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yep, PRETTY sure. I'm pretty sure we can uair every character that we air release, and I did it to Patches in a bracket set.

I also missed the uair once or twice in the set, so I'm not sure if that's because it's not guaranteed or because I just screwed up...but I'm pretty sure I just screwed up. Also iirc every character has the same frame disadvantage (I think 30 frames?) except for Puff, Ness and Lucas. Not 100% sure on that though, but if it's true then I'd assume we can uair G&W, since we can uair MK XD

Bio, I don't know how much this will help, but it might help. And you may have seen it already.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DFP_bvTn-A

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
Yep, PRETTY sure. I'm pretty sure we can uair every character that we air release, and I did it to Patches in a bracket set.

I also missed the uair once or twice in the set, so I'm not sure if that's because it's not guaranteed or because I just screwed up...but I'm pretty sure I just screwed up. Also iirc every character has the same frame disadvantage (I think 30 frames?) except for Puff, Ness and Lucas. Not 100% sure on that though, but if it's true then I'd assume we can uair G&W, since we can uair MK XD

Bio, I don't know how much this will help, but it might help. And you may have seen it already.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DFP_bvTn-A
I agree with you sir. We can uair every character that you can air release. I've done it plently of times to know its just a 2nd nature but I don't try to relay on it.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Well I guess it's because losing a MU 45:55 or winning one 55:45 can be called even cause they're basically negligible (dis)advantages and the better player will probably win.

But more importantly, don't refer to the OP. The info there is terribly outdated and it says things like DK is an even MU XD
ZSS wrecks DK

Edit: It also says Olimar is an advantage for us. In other words, it implies that the Oli MU is easier than the DK MU.
Oli's one of our hardest MUs, DK is one of our easiest. Don't refer to the OP.

If you want an idea of ZSS' MUs, ask in the Q&A/GD thread, or in the appropriate MU thread (NR has been making threads for each MU).

BioDG

Smash Ace
Seems like you mainly have to be safe and patient vs. DK and the wins will come...but I haven't played many DKs. Olimar is effing annoying, but...-1 sounds fair.

I think Nick is done with MU threads. :[

This thread works, tho.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Seems like you mainly have to be safe and patient vs. DK and the wins will come...but I haven't played many DKs. Olimar is effing annoying, but...-1 sounds fair.

I think Nick is done with MU threads. :[

This thread works, tho.
neutral special beats DK

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
DK gets juggled so easily. You can take him to BF/Lylat and it'll be really easy to juggle him but you can also just beat him on FD, it's apparently his worst stage.

Never ever ground-release DK from a grab, cause he gets a 9 frame advantage which means he gets a free dtilt.

Offstage, dsmash him while he's upBing to the edge, footstool him, and edgehog if necessary (don't try to edgehog if he still has his 2nd jump)

It's possible him to grab the edge with an upB from below and avoid the dsmash if he uses his upB from low enough but then you can just drop down and edgehog with a long tether...or just hit him with bair/fair/downB XD

Dakpo

Smash Lord
FYI bio, always try to take GnW to stages with lots of platforms. It really puts a hamper to their landing game.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Interesting. Ironically, I've been choosing flat ones to prevent g&w pressure from above, so that's interesting to know.

What do you guys think of DA against Olimar? When watching Salem's video, commentators seemed quite cynical about it. I personally think it's pretty good if you land past him or get a good read.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Oli's usmash seems pretty big so I wouldn't be surprised if landing a dash attack at the back of his shield still resulted in getting usmashed OoS

DRN

Smash Lord
Interesting. Ironically, I've been choosing flat ones to prevent g&w pressure from above, so that's interesting to know.

What do you guys think of DA against Olimar? When watching Salem's video, commentators seemed quite cynical about it. I personally think it's pretty good if you land past him or get a good read.
DA is pretty amazing in this match up imo. Not against their shield though because like V115 said you'll probably get up smashed OOS from either side. If olimar ever tries to camp with jump side b then its pretty much a free DA as long as you are in the mid range and he isnt throwing a purple. It also punishes his landings well.

Top Bottom