• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Zero Suit Samus Matchup Thread

Dakpo

Smash Lord
No!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! too good. Kismet please wake up :(

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Thought we were going to talk about the ROB MU here...
I desperately need help with that. Holynightmare's ROB **** all over me. His MK gives me less trouble -_-

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Infinite him.
Uair ***** everything, but his nair might hit you if you go in too quickly.
He has a big blind-spot in front and below him while he's in the air. (As in, the diagonal front-bottom)
Hit him with your stuff.
Hold gyros for fun.
Don't get hit by lasers please.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah, I need to work on my powershielding. It helped in the Falco MU, but I kept getting hit by lasers and gyros against ROB. Seems like powershielding would help.
Got the dsmash once in the set, and screwed up the infinite ._.
I probably just need ROB practice.

Seems like usmash would be good in this MU. Running usmash instead of uair to bait and avoid his nair? And since ROB is so big, perhaps dthrow --> usmash would work well. I don't know.

I don't really think I need more help with this MU, I just need practice. Thanks a lot Nick.
If nobody else wants help with ROB, can we move on to Olimar? The only person from my region that beats me consistently is an Olimar main, and I find ZSS has trouble approaching him when he's pikmin camping. I often find myself approaching with grab, dash attack or usmash, but maybe that's just me ._.
Oh and suitpieces ****. But that's pretty much all I know about the MU

solecalibur

Smash Master
Infinite him.
Uair ***** everything, but his nair might hit you if you go in too quickly.
He has a big blind-spot in front and below him while he's in the air. (As in, the diagonal front-bottom)
Hit him with your stuff.
Hold gyros for fun.
Don't get hit by lasers please.
infinite is so situational it isnt funny
and this match up hasn't been looked at correctly since I joined the boards, once robs learn the MU it becomes 50/50 or 55/45 zss

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
infinite is so situational it isnt funny
and this match up hasn't been looked at correctly since I joined the boards, once robs learn the MU it becomes 50/50 or 55/45 zss
Which ROBs know the MU?
Also, landing a d-smash is situational now?
Damn, I put people in SO MANY situational... situations...

Dakpo

Smash Lord
trolololol nick is so right one that. I put people in lots of situations as well then :)
K.. if you guys want to do rob then lets do it. Anything to breath life onto this match-up thread

TheZeroSuit

Smash Cadet
Format:

Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Final Verdict:​
Matchup Advice:
  • Exploiting Strengths:

• Minimizing Weaknesses:

• Suitpiece Strategy:

• Approach Alterations:

• In the Air:

• Attacks to Look for:
    • xxxx
      Description:
      How to Counter/Avoid:
      DI: 0°
      SDI: 0°

• How to Edgeguard:

• How to Recover:

• Special Information:

Counterpick Advice:
  • Stages to Counter-pick:
  • Stages to Avoid:

solecalibur

Smash Master
Which ROBs know the MU?
Also, landing a d-smash is situational now?
Damn, I put people in SO MANY situational... situations...
And me and my roomate , i'd say tommy does as well.
since when did you learn the dsmash infinite? Last i heard you didnt know it

solecalibur

Smash Master
easier said then done 4 some i suppose, I can do it but they are always to high when I Dsmash them in tounry

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
ROB...

One of his benefits is huge tilts. Since his hands are invincible, they have comparable range to MK. I tested it with t0mmy on several occasions. In addition, his IASA frames for all his tilts are better than MK's. No joke. It's pretty gross. (MK ftilt > ROB ftilt, I guess since MK gets three variable hits).

Anyways, with respect to this, I wanted to ask a question about our ftilt. I've heard that ZSS's legs are invincible during her up air. Which is cool. Is this also true for ftilt and dtilt?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Wait, so ZSS' legs are invincible during uair and only her feet/ankles are invincible during ftilt and dtilt?

Or only feet/ankles are invincible during uair and none of her is invincible during ftilt/dtilt?

Or only feet/ankles are invincible for all 3?

Dakpo

Smash Lord
i have some vids of me vs espy, you can figure out some stuff out from that. Although i do lose the set, Its still somewhere to start and grab ideas from. If you figure anything out, let me know. I'm always up to learn something new :)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Hey Nick. I just wanted to say thanks.
I took your advice on the ROB MU, and took Holy's ROB to game 5 in a MM (as opposed to getting 3-0'd and getting 2-stocked/3-stocked like our last MM).
Almost beat him, we were going really even. Your advice helped a lot. Even he was like "you got a lot better against my ROB. Did you study the matchup? Did you face a lot of ROBs since our last money match? etc compliments etc."
I'll get him next time though ;)

So yeah, thanks. <3

Edit: And yeah Sonic is really annoying on YI:B, don't let him go there.

slayerdude_98

Smash Rookie
i main zamus and snake. so i'm pretty aware of the weaknesses of the characters against eatchothe. but you guys pretty got it down here.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
It's either a mistake or we haven't discussed it. And a lot of the info in the OP is outdated and probably wrong (eg us losing to Squirtle)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Really?....Even with the infinite?
Admittedly I've never faced a good PT/Squirtle before...but come on 1 grab = stock unless they're a god at mashing.
And 1 paralyzer/dsmash = 1 grab
So 1 paralyzer/dsmash = stock... and considering how slow the infinite is, even if we screw up he's going to be ****ed up by fatigue by then..

Really? 65/35?

Dakpo

Smash Lord
yes really, go play a good one like chuck nasty or someone. They are super hard do catch if they play smart. They should be playing like wario and trying not to get grabbed, I just run and plank until the squirtle is tired.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah, buffered standing regrab. It's only useful if you can manage to pummel without him forcing ground release (so...after certain %s depending on how good the opponent is at mashing)

Top Bottom