• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current thought's on Kirby's tier placement?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
As of 7/4/11 during the Kirby boards greatest depression Kirby's placement also went into a great depression as he now drops to M-mid tier, mostly known for characters that are not much of a threat to the top tiers, but can still push towards victory:

Tier List Version 6
God
S: :metaknight:(±0)

A: :diddy:(+1) :snake:(-1) :falco: (±0)
B: :marth:(+1) :warioc:(-1) :popo:(±0) :olimar:(±0) :pikachu2:(±0)

High
C: :lucario:(+2) :dedede:(-1) :zerosuitsamus:(+1) :gw:(-2) :toonlink:(±0)

Middle
D: :fox:(+1) :wolf:(+6) :rosalina:(+2)
E: :dk2:(+2) :kirby2:(-4) :random: (***) :rob:(-3) :pit:(-3) :sonic:(+2)
F: :ike:(+2) :sheilda:(-1) :luigi2:(-4) :sheik:(±0) :ness2:(±0) :yoshi2:(+1) :pt:(-1)

Low
G: :lucas:(±0) :mario2:(±0) :bowser2:(±0) :samus2:(+1) :falcon:(-1)
Hyrule++: :link2:(+1) :jigglypuff:(-1) :zelda:(±0): :ganondorf:(±0)

As currently, Kirby has dropped -4 placements on the current tier list, this thread is here to discuss your thoughts of his placement. Of course questions are necessary as well. Feel free to ask away.

Link To Tier List 6 Thread

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I have but two thoughts on the topic:

1) Honestly, that sounds about right. Maybe switch DK and Pit, but yeah...
2) Who cares? The character himself doesn't change from this.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I have but two thoughts on the topic:

1) Honestly, that sounds about right. Maybe switch DK and Pit, but yeah...
☯ With Kirby's matchups and meta game performance, that's to be said. At least DK finally went up on the list. XD

2) Who cares? The character himself doesn't change from this.
☯ Kirby cares, though there's no improvement in his current meta game. )=

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I think he's too low now. IMO, he should be like 15-17, not 19. But hey, with not much Kirby action in tourneys these days, there's not much I can use to convince people, you know?

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Kirby definitely has the potent but the main problem is there are pretty much no one that uses him other than Kewkky. (That I know of.) I dunno. Tier list wouldn't effect or change who I use. I'd like to try and rep him whenever I make it in a tournament although it'll most likely be Japan ones and people shun Japan results and stuff here.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Kirby's MUs aren't good though. They aren't bad but they aren't good. He's a very all-around character and his placement reflects that. Sure, characters like DK, Fox and Wolf have a few hard counters, but they are few, and more importantly, they have good MUs outside of those few, making them much more viable so long as you have a secondary for those few bad MUs.

Kirby's pretty much the opposite. He doesn't really get 'destroyed' by any of the cast, but he does have a disadvantage over most of the characters above him, and not a huge advantage over anyone below him. Sure, he doesn't need a 'pocket' character for the horrible MUs, but the problem is that instead of 1 really bad MU to learn with someone else, you have 10+ somewhat bad MUs to learn.

Don't get me wrong, Kirby's not bad; he's just average.

Edit:

Kirby definitely has the potent but the main problem is there are pretty much no one that uses him other than Kewkky. (That I know of.) I dunno. Tier list wouldn't effect or change who I use. I'd like to try and rep him whenever I make it in a tournament although it'll most likely be Japan ones and people shun Japan results and stuff here.
Ummm... seriously? I don't even really play this game anymore and I can name more placing Kirby mains than that...
YbM? Kappy? RRR? IDK if Chu still plays, but if he does him too.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
does YbM still play?

Remember when I told you forever and ever ago that Kirby should, and will, fall? :troll:

man I wish I still played this game but traveling alone is no fun.

-QuesoKirby-

Banned via Warnings
Wassup, Kirby boards! The name's Queso or Dakota if ya want haha. Nice to meet ya! :)

I think Kirby deserves to be higher on the list, but with the recent slump in tourney placings, I can understand why he is where he is. Just remember this changes NOTHING about Kirby as a character. It just means we need to get out there and make a change. If no one's gonna believe us, we simply need to prove to them that Kirby has what it takes to bring home the gold! I'm gonna be goin' solo Kirby at Genesis! Are there any other Kirbys that plan on attending? Who's with me? :)

When it's all said and done, it's up to us to bring Kirby up. It's up to us to MAKE IT HAPPEN! So let's start TODAY and show 'em what we got! HOO-RAH, KIRBYS!!!:bee:

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
When it's all said and done, it's up to us to bring Kirby up. It's up to us to MAKE IT HAPPEN! So let's start TODAY and show 'em what we got! HOO-RAH, KIRBYS!!!:bee:
Are you in the Marines, by any chance? They tend to say HOORAH a lot, while the Navy says HOOYAH a lot. o_O

-QuesoKirby-

Banned via Warnings
Naw, the military life ain't for me haha. I HAVE been in NJROTC at my high school for the past three years, though, and I've been conditioned to say it a lot! :awesome:

That's funny haha. Our instructor is a First Sergeant in the Marines, and he's always sayin' hoo-yah left and right. XD

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well, guess it's just a Navy-conditioned Marine. Tsk tsk tsk, Navy life is sexier.

Either way, welcome to the boards! And also, yes Kirby should be higher on the tier list, I agree.

-QuesoKirby-

Banned via Warnings
Haha yeah, he's softened up over the years. :cool:

And thanks! Appreciate it a lot! Let's take good ol' Kirbster to new heights! :)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Wow. Can't meta knight just level down for once?
Kirby Mainly fits in Between High-Top tier.
If this is getting affected because of us, then we need to step it up.

Top Bottom