• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current highest known GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
I think I've just retaken the highest known ranking other than ZeRo, weighing in at 3,026,401, again as Wii Fit Trainer.

Last edited:

perroloco

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4398-9300-3061
10/1 7:00 pm Ness @ 2'915,603 not in Elite
2'931,655 Not in Elite.
2'938,571 Not in Elite.
2'952,265 Finally in Elite.

shiver_motion

Smash Rookie
update: without playing for a whole day at 2.956mill. My d3 is now over night bumped to 3,015,734

Last edited:

ColtB

Smash Rookie
Just got in Elite at with Lucina at 2,943,352
Obviously not highest known GSP but thread seems to be serving two purposes at this point

mjwgamer805

Smash Rookie
My current highest is around 2.9 mil (only 50 matches so far, still much more to play but my wifi sux) and I'm not an "Elite" smasher yet-

anyone one know what factors into that? roster gsp? simply the highest rank w/ any character?

*this thread is a brilliant idea btw!*

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
My current highest is around 2.9 mil (only 50 matches so far, still much more to play but my wifi sux) and I'm not an "Elite" smasher yet-

anyone one know what factors into that? roster gsp? simply the highest rank w/ any character?

*this thread is a brilliant idea btw!*
Getting into elite smash is purely based on your individual character GSP. Roster GSP is just your average, and is unrelated. The GSP of your unplayed characters is just the game guessing where they should be started for matchmaking based on your other characters, and is also irrelevant.

The qualifications for getting into Elite Smash appears to be getting any one character into the top percentage of scores across all users with all characters. The best estimate at this time is the top 3.5% of all players. At the time of this posting (1/10/19 @4:30 EST) my lowest GSP character still in Elite Smash is sitting at 2,973,840, so you're probably really close. That said, as more players rep more characters online, the cutoff number gets higher and higher, so the cutoff today may be lower than it is tomorrow. This is also why you GSP will go up without you playing (to make space for all the lower ranked players before you).

Also, to get this back on topic, my new high score (and the high score for the thread excluding reports of the scores on streams) is 3,056,277, still with Wii Fit Trainer.

Last edited:

TheBlazed

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 2081 4816 7712
3,042612 - Current GSP with Link

Got into elite smash at 2.93

perroloco

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4398-9300-3061
Just played a Pokemon Trainer with 3'054m highest I have seen as of today (1/10) anyone has seen any higher? What's Leffen's or Zero's right now?

PeePeeMan

Smash Rookie
I currently have a 1,800,000 GSP but my Highest was 2,000,000, I believe the highest person has 2,300,000.

perroloco

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4398-9300-3061
Highest player I have seen as of now 3'060m... (Obviously not the highest right now), but I have a question.

How does rule work for ties? Like IIRC I have played some matches and whenever time ran out we'd play a sudden death match.
I ask because I Just played someone with like 3'060ish mill that had the rules like 3 stocks 3 minutes and played Toon Link... So I'm guessing his/her (Cheap) strategy is to win first stock and then stall or something...

Anyways obviously we didn't finish the match but I was in my last stock, so the Toon Link player won, but is this customizable? Like can you set a rule so that sudden death happens or whomever has more stocks wins?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Highest player I have seen as of now 3'060m... (Obviously not the highest right now), but I have a question.

How does rule work for ties? Like IIRC I have played some matches and whenever time ran out we'd play a sudden death match.
I ask because I Just played someone with like 3'060ish mill that had the rules like 3 stocks 3 minutes and played Toon Link... So I'm guessing his/her (Cheap) strategy is to win first stock and then stall or something...

Anyways obviously we didn't finish the match but I was in my last stock, so the Toon Link player won, but is this customizable? Like can you set a rule so that sudden death happens or whomever has more stocks wins?
If you're tied in stocks it goes to sudden death.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper

Whoever has more stocks wins, that's just how it works. What the game does *not* do is look at percent, so unfortunately, even if one player is at 150% and the other is at 0%, it's still going to sudden death.

Toyamasmash

Smash Cadet
3,075,000 with puff and won like 70 percent in my last 10, some insane good people up here, really gotta execute and the gsp barely rises unless you are streaking, I would say a majority of my losses have come at Ganon hitting me with any smash after 30 percent is game over. He is a monster against puff lol makes revenge sweet. Aura Sage is a beast lol

Toyamasmash

Smash Cadet
Whoever has more stocks wins, that's just how it works. What the game does *not* do is look at percent, so unfortunately, even if one player is at 150% and the other is at 0%, it's still going to sudden death.
Unfortunately that’s part of the strategy, it forces the other character to chase down in escape artist, in the hopes that it won’t be pushed to a sudden death with a screen suddenly sure it’s on you in a high tension showdown, I find it worse is that the one stock battles, I can give a well seasoned vet a heart attack

R208

Smash Cadet
Hit 3.1m with Ganon. \o/ Means top players should be around 3.12m

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
My Dark Samus is at 3.121mil which means the highest I know about is 3.156mil

ongalapo

Smash Rookie
I have 2.914 mil with Ike, but still not in elite, so assuming that I'm around 89th percent, then the highest should be around 3.2 mil

ROBHiro

Smash Rookie
3.106 Cloud. Anyone here can hmu for my switch code and discord for friendlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom