• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current highest known GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
This happens a LOT with me as well... and not just with my echo fighters.

Its happened quite a few times, often enough where I think GSP is not as simple as 'How many people you are better than."
It might not be that weird. There's no question that there's another, hidden rating it uses to determine your rank and do matchmaking with, and then it derives GSP from that. If that hidden rating ends up on the exact same number for both characters, their GSP will be the same. For example, let's say you need a hidden rating of 2500 to get into elite smash. If you have two characters both at 2506, they'll both be in elite smash and will both have the same GSP, whatever GSP that corresponds to. ...actually, this is yet another possibility for how elite smash is determined, that I hadn't thought of until now. Rather than being a fixed number of participants or a fixed percent, it could just be anyone that breaks a certain hidden rating threshold. Nah, the fact people can fall out of ES without doing anything implies that it must be either a fixed number or fixed percent.

...Anyway, this explanation makes sense if all characters share GSP, with every character on your roster being on the same ladder. I've also seen suggestions that each character is ranked separately from one another, though, which would make identical GSPs for different characters... a lot less likely, making this one hell of a coincidence.

Last edited:

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
It might not be that weird. There's no question that there's another, hidden rating it uses to determine your rank and do matchmaking with, and then it derives GSP from that. If that hidden rating ends up on the exact same number for both characters, their GSP will be the same. For example, let's say you need a hidden rating of 2500 to get into elite smash. If you have two characters both at 2506, they'll both be in elite smash and will both have the same GSP, whatever GSP that corresponds to. ...actually, this is yet another possibility for how elite smash is determined, that I hadn't thought of until now. Rather than being a fixed number of participants or a fixed percent, it could just be anyone that breaks a certain hidden rating threshold. Nah, the fact people can fall out of ES without doing anything implies that it must be either a fixed number or fixed percent.

...Anyway, this explanation makes sense if all characters share GSP, with every character on your roster being on the same ladder. I've also seen suggestions that each character is ranked separately from one another, though, which would make identical GSPs for different characters... a lot less likely, making this one hell of a coincidence.
Interesting analysis. I can see what you're addressing and its totally valid... my problem is that we have no clue how GSP actually works. We're told that it means "How many people you're better than", but clearly, that's not the case. I just wish we knew what it was instead of leaving us in the dark.

At times like this, I feel like Nintendo's "Family-Friendly" brand is kinda getting in the way with its increasing adult audiences.
..... or maybe they truly, truly, truly, dont understand what people want from Online gaming... which is also a very valid possibility.

Mikazuki

Smash Cadet
Just saw a Yoshi with 2.796 mil. Crazy good dude. I was at 2.768 mil with ZSS at that time.

Last edited:

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
2.805 with Dark Samus. Haven't played a match for a couple days so the best I know about is still around 20,000 ahead of me, so ~2.825

Now that the weekend is here I can get back to the grind.. hopefully I move up, not down! Should be fun either way lol

Last edited:

Mikazuki

Smash Cadet
Just fought another fellow ZSS. That dude had 2.831 mil while I was at 2,817 mil. Just lost like 500 points while he gained around 100 points.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Earlier this week I was at ~47K on my main Lucina. I've made some massive gains in my play, though, and just finally climbed over 1 million!!

My highest is Young Link at ~2.16 million because I used him exactly once in a 4 player smash and won. I have a few characters like that with high GSPs just from a single use and winning that one match.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The highest I’ve seen was like 2,900,000 but I don’t remember who that person played as.

I currently sit at an estimated 2,500,000 with Ike.

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
Highest I've seen was a Richter Belmont with 2.8 million.

My own highest was 2.7 million with Chrom.

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
My Stats: All Elite Smash

Peach:2.85
Daisy: 2.84
Jiggly:2.78
Ness: 2.81
Palutena: 2.80
Zelda: 2.82
Lucas: 2.78

Ijigen

Smash Cadet
I was 2.827 with rob when I stopped playing last night. Started the session at 2.826 and went maybe 13-2 or so with him specifically (a good snake and a scammer playing Rosa + pokeballs holy hell why Nintendo)
Gained very little off wins. That said I wonder if the cap might be further since I’ve seen 2.85ish. Or maybe differences in character specific caps could start mattering here? Well if anyone else has a high rob GSP let me know, would be good information

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
I was 2.827 with rob when I stopped playing last night. Started the session at 2.826 and went maybe 13-2 or so with him specifically (a good snake and a scammer playing Rosa + pokeballs holy hell why Nintendo)
Gained very little off wins. That said I wonder if the cap might be further since I’ve seen 2.85ish. Or maybe differences in character specific caps could start mattering here? Well if anyone else has a high rob GSP let me know, would be good information
I just fought a R.O.B. around 2.84mil. I'm at 2.848mil right now with Dark Samus.

Highest cap I know if is around 2.87ish

Also, I think the character-specific threshold for Elite is a myth. It seems like the threshold for Elite is the same for everyone and Elite just encompasses the top 3.25-3.5% of all online players.

Last edited:

Ijigen

Smash Cadet
My rob GSP just magically creeped to 2.860 overnight, like GSP tends to do. The cap has creeped higher too, though, so once again no telling how close I might be. Edit: while typing this it crept to 2.863.

Really, I don't have enough information either way to say if there are character-specific highest GSPs and elite cutoffs. I was just going off feeling since it felt hard to gain any GSP with rob even with a decent record and yet the cloud cap was 15,000 higher. It could just be a grind thing or a necessity to lose less, I dunno.

To really know if there are character specific caps, you'd have to hit the point where you stop gaining any GSP for several wins (the #1 slot) on two characters, or compare with someone else at least. Not an easy task!

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
My rob GSP just magically creeped to 2.860 overnight, like GSP tends to do. The cap has creeped higher too, though, so once again no telling how close I might be. Edit: while typing this it crept to 2.863.

Really, I don't have enough information either way to say if there are character-specific highest GSPs and elite cutoffs. I was just going off feeling since it felt hard to gain any GSP with rob even with a decent record and yet the cloud cap was 15,000 higher. It could just be a grind thing or a necessity to lose less, I dunno.

To really know if there are character specific caps, you'd have to hit the point where you stop gaining any GSP for several wins (the #1 slot) on two characters, or compare with someone else at least. Not an easy task!
Yeah it's not something I know for sure yet, but I've seen several players say multiple characters got into Elite at roughly the same threshold. We'll see, though. It's really too bad they don't tell us anything about the mechanics.

Also, my guess is you're within 10,000-15,000 from the cap. I'm also going up painfully slow and my GSP is about 5,000 below yours now. It's a slog to get higher GSP at these levels

Last edited:

perroloco

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4398-9300-3061
Yesterday I hit Elite for the first time at 2.75m, then lost a couple of matches and got kicked out of elite -.-...
Today like 2 hours ago I got to 2.75+m again and didn´t reach elite, so it seems that today's cut would be at like 2.8m I guess.

zipzo

Smash Apprentice
There is no such thing as character specific GSP requirements, that has been proven to be a myth. The cutoff for elite smash is the same for everyone no matter what character you play.

The current best estimation is that elite smash is the top 3.5% of all rated players.

Last edited:

PapaGlock

Smash Rookie
Did get to 2.5 with zelda but man these ganondorf, bowser and roy kids are annoying. Easiest power toons to play. Got mad respect for cloud players though. He is a power player but takes way more skill to use because his moves are so limited and predictable.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Yesterday I hit Elite for the first time at 2.75m, then lost a couple of matches and got kicked out of elite -.-...
Today like 2 hours ago I got to 2.75+m again and didn´t reach elite, so it seems that today's cut would be at like 2.8m I guess.
It's very close to 2.8, yeah. I just fell down to 2.797 on palu which dropped me from ES, then won a match to get back up to 2.808 and get back in.

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
At 2.882mil with Dark Samus. The best I know of must be around 2.9mil right now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom