• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current highest known GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyone know what the current highest GSP is?

Lets keep this post updated as you spot them.

NOTE: This thread is NOT about your personal best GSP, unless your personal best GSP is also the highest GSP you've ever seen for that character.

NOTE 2: For the current GSP required to reach Elite Smash, go to http://www.elitegsp.com/

Last edited:

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
[Ignore this comment. An overzealous mod accidentally combined 2 different threads, so now this comment has no place.]

Last edited:

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
The current highest GSP i've seen is

Ganon at 1,556,033
my Captain Falcon at 1,558,590

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know of someone on Smash Reddit discord who claims to have 2 mil on their K.Rool, but idk if it's legit as there was no proof

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
just saw ZeRo's stream his top character is K Rool at 1,573,150

so this guy is like half a million higher than ZeRo's best character? wow

D

Deleted member

just saw ZeRo's stream his top character is K Rool at 1,573,150

so this guy is like half a million higher than ZeRo's best character? wow
That's why I'm saying I doubt it lol, but it could be possible as GSP is dumb. You can get it up by winning FFA Spirits on all items and lose it by losing those same games. I could bet you money that I would easily get as high if not higher then ZeRo's K.Rool by grinding easy to win matches like those and not doing harder matches that you could actually lose.

Pyr

Smash Lord
That's why I'm saying I doubt it lol, but it could be possible as GSP is dumb. You can get it up by winning FFA Spirits on all items and lose it by losing those same games. I could bet you money that I would easily get as high if not higher then ZeRo's K.Rool by grinding easy to win matches like those and not doing harder matches that you could actually lose.
For frame of reference, my 1.9m+ point Classic mode run hasn't even broken 2m GSP yet. 2m will come in time for online, but, due to how GSP works at a fundamental level, 2m isn't possible yet.

Short explanation: GSP does not count players that have never played a mode. This is why All Star Smash will never have a GSP higher then, say, classic mode. More people play Classic then the multi-mans.

link2702

Smash Champion
1.6m with Ganon right now. Can’t seem to push it further....

Man what I would give to have his old uair and usmash back...

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I'm certain around 1.6 million (more near the end of 1.6 I believe) is the current cap for any GSP at the moment I post this. I'd give it a day or less till we see people go to 1.7 million. The rise won't be because someone is beating everyone to the top and more so the fact new people are still getting into smash. Which is why we see zero at 1.5 at one day and then 1.6 the next. I've got elite a couple days ago with 1.4 GSP and I haven't touched online since. I too am in 1.6 and I've done absolutely nothing to even reach this. The growth of players are out numbering winning matches at this point for top players.

Dingding123

Smash Journeyman
Considering how much gains are slowing down for me past 1.62m, I'm guessing that the cap is somewhere around or before 17m.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
1.6m with Ganon right now. Can’t seem to push it further....

Man what I would give to have his old uair and usmash back...
Ganon's usmash has way better hitbox now tho rivaling ike from smash 4. I agree the startup is slower but it's ideal for countering so many aerial approaches I can't really see his old one being better.

link2702

Smash Champion
Ganon's usmash has way better hitbox now tho rivaling ike from smash 4. I agree the startup is slower but it's ideal for countering so many aerial approaches I can't really see his old one being better.
For how i used ganon it was better, the deceptively short end lag on it made it one of his safer moves to throw out there to bait out an opponent.

Now he doesn’t really have something like that from what I can see. Sure he benefits from the universal jump squat change, as well as the “anything from out of a dash” mechanic, but many others characters do more. His uair losing its sourspot semispike, as well as being slower also stings.

And I’m kinda annoyed at how sakurais philosophy for him seems to be to just make everything physically stronger each new game than to actually give him some safer moves and approach options.

Last edited:

Ijigen

Smash Cadet
Just trying to clear up some misconceptions - the GSP 'cap' is different for different modes. It could be right now that more people have played Classic mode than have tried online - so you can't really compare Quickplay GSP to Classic GSP, or any mode to any other truly.

Another point bearing reiteration is that as people get the game or play Quickplay for the first time, the GSP of everyone else is inflated automatically. Last night I saw my own rank around 1.6 million, but it's possible it's inflated more since then. The elite threshold (which is probably % based) will move with this as well. The GSP 'cap' will keep inflating, especially right after the holiday this year.

I think the best use of this thread would be for people to continuously report their highest GSPs at the moment, so maybe by applying the inverse people can figure out what percentile they fall into. It's silly, really, though, to have to do all this computation to figure out how many spots are between you and the best, when all other games with rankings just do that by default!

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just trying to clear up some misconceptions - the GSP 'cap' is different for different modes. It could be right now that more people have played Classic mode than have tried online - so you can't really compare Quickplay GSP to Classic GSP, or any mode to any other truly.
I think you've misunderstood them. I do not believe that's what they were saying.

The point of bringing up Classic mode isn't to imply that the GSP's are the same, but rather than since Classic mode is probably the more popular mode overall, you can assume that whatever the current Elite Smash max GSP is at any given time, will be less than the Classic mode GSP. At the very least, Classic mode (or whatever happens to be the most popular mode) provides some basic idea of a theoretical upper limit to the GSP of any mode.

But as far as the purpose of the thread, you pretty much understood. It's for everyone to post the current maximum GSP they've seen anywhere, at any given time.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also my Captain Falcon is the current highest GSP I see at 1,666,708

Chrop

Smash Rookie
Classic Mode: K.K.Rool bumped itself up to 1.98m. Classic mode cap is probably over 2m now.

Doobs19

Smash Rookie
Well i have king.k.rool and luigi sitting at 1,37 mil ( its weird theyre exactly the same number) online, and my average is 1.18 mil, i have a couple between those 2 values. i still havent been able to play elite smash though

Pyr

Smash Lord
Classic Mode: K.K.Rool bumped itself up to 1.98m. Classic mode cap is probably over 2m now.
Can confirm it broke 2m for me last night. Score 1.925m, GSP a little over 2m.

I can only imagine how much it will jump after the 25th.

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
1,719,180 with Ike

(turns out this rank is only 223 spots below ZeRo's highest GSP, with K Rool)

Last edited:

Lumarich

Smash Rookie
I got more than 1,700,000 but than i lost the most games and now im at 1,650,000 again...

Sharq

Smash Rookie
I'm currently at 1,741,983 with Wolf. I fought someone who was at 1,750,000 a few matches ago.

Setekh

Smash Rookie
1.78 with Samus (don't ask me how). I main Greninja, Inkling, T Link, and Ken atm. I might replace T Link with mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom