• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current highest known GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madison Turner

Smash Cadet
I'd be interested to know if it really does go as high as 4,7m right now too. For reference, ZeRo streamed yesterday and his highest is Ike at 4,536, and Nairo streamed three days ago with a high of Palu at 4,520 [attached photos to the post for reference]. I was assuming the ceiling was around there right now.

Also, right now I'm at 4,519 with Diddy.

D4qA6sVUEAYOMZd.jpg

As a side note, I ended my stream two days ago with Diddy at 4,483 & I haven't played Elite since. So in two days just by itself, it raised up by 36k. I don't think I've seen it jump that high that quickly by itself in a while. [attached a screenshot]

Attachments

Kris89

Smash Rookie
Reached 4.7 million with Cloud. I don't feel safe playing without dropping like 500k GSP. Its probably downhill from here lmao.
I highly doubt you could reach this gsp value last saturday. (Or even now btw) I guess you mistyped 7 for a 4 maybe?

Naov

Smash Cadet
Has anyone reached 50 consecutive wins (can be seen in vault scores)? probably the limit is around there.

TiltSmash

Smash Rookie
Reached 4.7 million with Cloud. I don't feel safe playing without dropping like 500k GSP. Its probably downhill from here lmao.
I dont think you're GSP was possible considering it was on Saturday dude, no offense but you're a liar as far as I can tell

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I dont think you're GSP was possible considering it was on Saturday dude, no offense but you're a liar as far as I can tell
I don't even think that's still possible now. The highest should be around low-ish 2.6m.
Definitely made up or made some typo.

Topper

Smash Rookie
With my Pika sittin at 4.550.522 I've played against a samus that was 4.589. Barely lost but she was in control the whole match. There are ridiculously good players up here...
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Amon O

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7305 3643 0520
Currently at 4,575,044 with Samus as my highest

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
I have 4.51 mil GSP with Ike, my buddy ~?~ ~?~ last time I checked has a 4.66 mil GSP with his Link and we both have a 4.3 with Cloud.

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
I have 4.51 mil GSP with Ike, my buddy ~?~ ~?~ last time I checked has a 4.66 mil GSP with his Link and we both have a 4.3 with Cloud.
My GSP is 4.559, not quite 4.6 but it might as well be. I don't play quickplay/elite smash anymore because it's cancer. 9 out of 10 matches will have major lag and/or heavy input delay, and almost everyone is likely in there playing Joker. So my GSP will probably never change again. We also can't forget random matches with 2 stocks or on some dirty jank RNG stage with smash balls floating through the air. I will never understand why GSP matters to people because it doesn't warrant your level of skill being displayed, most GSPs are fake because people only rematch people they know they'll beat and never rematch those who beat them and wifi cheese is a thing that might not work in person, but will on elite smash

Last edited:

Almand

Smash Journeyman
My current highest is Pac-Man, at 4,598,038. So close to 4.6 million... I don't wanna mess with Quickplay when it's so high like that, because I know I'll fall once and lose a solid 5,000-ish GSP. Which, of course, takes 5-10 battles to build back up. GSP in this game is weird. It means nothing, but I still want it.

Either way, I've always wondered what the highest in the world is. I know it fluctuates constantly, but it's always just odd to see someone with like 20,000 GSP higher than mine, which I already think is pretty good. Just a weird thought.

Haden

If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?
Not really, but still impressive!
~?~ reached 4.64 last night with a broken finger on stream. He said he quits elite smash for good now because everyone has more lag than a line at the DMV.

EDIT: 4.63* sorry I typod lol

I'd be interested to know if it really does go as high as 4,7m right now too. For reference, ZeRo streamed yesterday and his highest is Ike at 4,536, and Nairo streamed three days ago with a high of Palu at 4,520 [attached photos to the post for reference]. I was assuming the ceiling was around there right now.

As a side note, I ended my stream two days ago with Diddy at 4,483 & I haven't played Elite since. So in two days just by itself, it raised up by 36k. I don't think I've seen it jump that high that quickly by itself in a while. [attached a screenshot]
I think the highest GSP I ever saw on elite smash while playing (which was yesterday) was an Olimar player who had a 4.696 mill GSP.... but it's Olimar so I'm not really impressed by it lol.

Last edited:

smashultimatekirby

Smash Rookie
Until I see a pic of 4.7 I can not believe that is real.
Here are my two highest: https://postimg.cc/t1BH724S

Dedede: 4,588,606
Kirby: 4,504,742

Considering I just reached elite with Kirby today at 4.5 mil, I wouldnt think that it gets much higher than 4.64 ish right now.

Kirshard

Smash Rookie
I have an Ike at 4.625.000+ atm. The highest I have ever fought was a Rob that had I believe 4.630.000+. He lost twice to me and then left, but it looked like he lost 2k each time, it must be really difficult to reach that GSP.

When I find anyone with less than 4.605.000 points, I always lose so much that it makes me cringe. I have a win rate above 80% and I'm still not even close at 4.700.000+, so I don't believe it's possible atm.

The fun thing is that if I play a single match with a new character I end up with a higher gsp score than most people on this board, at around 4.595.000. Gsp is weird like that.

Last edited:

Almand

Smash Journeyman
Update: 1st and 2nd highest GSP as of the timestamp on the pic. I play a lot of Pac-Man

Attachments

Kiligar

Smash Journeyman
3EB16CF4-283C-40F9-AF43-AFE810182AE9.jpeg
Sorry it’s sideways and lacking in quality. 4.6m before I go online, try not to tilt.

Last edited:

Kirshard

Smash Rookie
~?~ reached 4.64 last night with a broken finger on stream. He said he quits elite smash for good now because everyone has more lag than a line at the DMV.

EDIT: 4.63* sorry I typod lol

I think the highest GSP I ever saw on elite smash while playing (which was yesterday) was an Olimar player who had a 4.696 mill GSP.... but it's Olimar so I'm not really impressed by it lol.
I would love to see a picture of any of those claims you just made. Your friend by now should have at least 4.670.000, should be easy to get a picture, right?

Olimar at 4.696.000 points half a week ago seems to be impossible, even now it doesn't seem like anything anyone can achieve.

Kris89

Smash Rookie
I understand those who give up on going higher. Even in elite slash, you find ****ty players with rules like 3stock 3min smash ball, items only the stock flag, and that f*cking Noskill wins with 6stocks in the end. Whereas he plays so bad. Please...

Naov

Smash Cadet
What is the point of roster GSP
To challenge you with people of similar Roster GPS.

You see.. I have noticed that if You play a character that you have at 2mill , but your roster’s at 4,3, then you’ll be facing opponents between 3 and 4mill.

I was playing a Samus that I had at 3.5 mill and kept playing against characters of 4,4 mill and similar.

So even if your character is bellow 1 or 2 million you’ll still fight against good players out there. Because they are not the WORST players out there, they simply had a bad lose strike with that character against players of similar level. And that happens a lot when you are trying a new character.

That probably has to do because the roster reflects in a better way how knowledgeable you are about smash and how good you are in average at it.

Another point of view is simply how good you are overall. If you sum up all of your characters GSP, in which place would you land.

Last edited:

Naov

Smash Cadet
In a similar way, you may be at 4,5 with your character but fight against someone with 3mill

That doesn’t necessarily means that you fought against a noticeable worse player, the reality is that probably you both have a similar roster GSP and the formula factored in for you to fight.

Tiporosso

Smash Rookie
In a similar way, you may be at 4,5 with your character but fight against someone with 3mill

That doesn’t necessarily means that you fought against a noticeable worse player, the reality is that probably you both have a similar roster GSP and the formula factored in for you to fight.
I have NEVER fought against someone with more than 200,000+ GSP less than me. At least that my case being at 4.6 (I should add i only play a single character though).

J.I.L

Banned via Administration
I have NEVER fought against someone with more than 200,000+ GSP less than me. At least that my case being at 4.6 (I should add i only play a single character though).
That’s because you’re in elite smash.

Tiporosso

Smash Rookie
That’s because you’re in elite smash.
I assumed people at 4.5 million were also in Elite Smash. If someone is not on Elite Smash I don't really see the problem with playing people with a noticeable GSP difference, that's basically an opportunity for the lower rated player to climb, if you have 4.5 million GSP and lose to someone with 1 million less GSP than you, maybe you don't deserve to be in Elite Smash for your own good.

J.I.L

I assumed people at 4.5 million were also in Elite Smash. If someone is not on Elite Smash I don't really see the problem with playing people with a noticeable GSP difference, that's basically an opportunity for the lower rated player to climb, if you have 4.5 million GSP and lose to someone with 1 million less GSP than you, maybe you don't deserve to be in Elite Smash for your own good.
4.5 million is a stretch since that’s elite smash levels. But if you play team battle for ffa, you can play against people 1 if not 2 million below/above you in gsp. It’s possible, I’ve expirenced it. What’s your highest gsp

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283

View attachment 210779

I took a massive hiatus from quickplay, but the other day I gave it a shot. My characters have all inflated close to/past 4.6 million at this point since my inactivity started. I'm only gaining maybe 1000 GSP per win against people I'm relatively close to GSP wise. Assuming if there's anyone way higher, they're fairly inactive online nowadays.

Pretty sure if you have more than one character in Elite, you count as more than 1 GSP entry. So if you have all 76 characters in Elite, you're counting for whatever starting GSP that accounts for one character, multiplied by 76. And I also believe that the threshold never goes down for anyone falling out of Elite. So If you go on a mass losing streak, whomever is just getting into Elite doesn't take your spot, they'll always enter at a higher number than the number at which you drop out. So I'd be willing to say the number is a bit inflated beyond the 'true' amount of players in Elite Smash.

Funny how we're 5 months in and still speculating how GSP works.

Creamfrazzz

Smash Rookie
To challenge you with people of similar Roster GPS.

You see.. I have noticed that if You play a character that you have at 2mill , but your roster’s at 4,3, then you’ll be facing opponents between 3 and 4mill.

I was playing a Samus that I had at 3.5 mill and kept playing against characters of 4,4 mill and similar.

So even if your character is bellow 1 or 2 million you’ll still fight against good players out there. Because they are not the WORST players out there, they simply had a bad lose strike with that character against players of similar level. And that happens a lot when you are trying a new character.

That probably has to do because the roster reflects in a better way how knowledgeable you are about smash and how good you are in average at it.

Another point of view is simply how good you are overall. If you sum up all of your characters GSP, in which place would you land.
Hmm interesting. I was super curious because my roster GSP is a tad over 4.6 but my highest individual character is sitting at 4.3. I also noticed that every picture I've seen has a higher individual GSP than roster gsp. So I was kinda curious why my roster GSP would be so much higher than my individual gsp

J.I.L

Hmm interesting. I was super curious because my roster GSP is a tad over 4.6 but my highest individual character is sitting at 4.3. I also noticed that every picture I've seen has a higher individual GSP than roster gsp. So I was kinda curious why my roster GSP would be so much higher than my individual gsp
Probably because all of the people in your roster are like well above 4 million. Best I could wager.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Do you have any characters you've not played on quickplay? They slowly inflate too, and even if you go on a losing streak with a character you play a lot, they won't go down in GSP, so your roster GSP will still go up.

Creamfrazzz

Smash Rookie
Probably because all of the people in your roster are like well above 4 million. Best I could wager.[/QUOTE
Do you have any characters you've not played on quickplay? They slowly inflate too, and even if you go on a losing streak with a character you play a lot, they won't go down in GSP, so your roster GSP will still go up.
I only have 2 characters I haven't used in a single match (Pacman and duckhunt) but I have 3 characters id say are mains and the rest are ones I use to just change it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom