• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Current highest known GSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

~?~

The Strangest Link Main
4.17 million with breath of the wild Link. Was 4.18 literally like 100 points from 4.19 but I lost a game uhg lose 5X gsp compared to what you gain I swears x__x

Last edited:

JeanHeroStrife

Smash Rookie

Jus discovered this site hey guys, it starts to plateau after 4.130 mil, meaning the laggers and cheesy rule setters can't beat genuine skillful players I'm assuming 4.290 - 4.300 mil is the exact top of the players(current highest attainable GSP). The toughest players are actually in the numbers jus before elite. Which is why me and my bro jokingly call it " the front door of elite" those players are skillful laggers who can stop your game or even end it for a penalty, use cheesy rule sets like one stock all items. Or just top tier players with combos to make you hurt on the inside. The numbers before 260(150 to my current gsp) were fun casual games, we played and very fun and intense but it's no issues because up here you only lose like 1,000 to 500 gsp for a loss match

Dilan Omer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dildry
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
The characters that I currently have in Elite Smash right now are also around or just above 4.2M GSP. Obviously the number continues to grow when new players battle online, but do we know what the percentage is again? Not only is around 4.2M the highest right now, but it's almost the cutoff. I have several characters at around 4.1M that are not in Elite Smash. Based on some quick math it's gotta be something like top 1-2% or something.

That's cool, but lately I've actually been trying to get some of my characters OUT of Elite Smash because I'm tired of being in such a small pool that only wants 1v1 (I prefer team battles). It's actually harder to drop my GSP than I thought though lol.
No its the top 3% I think the top is at like 4.3 million already.

Also finally got 100k more points into Elite mode.

Last edited:

Topper

Smash Rookie
https://thedarkknightcave.tumblr.com/image/183806146449

My smash career P(ea)K. Jokes aside, the highest I've seen is 4315000 or so (whom I won, yay). We shouldn't put much weight into GSP I think. I've noticed you can cheese the system by not leaving the lobby when you are at the threshold to "farm" GSP on non elite players. It yields as much GSP as playing against real elite players and it is much easier. I did it before and I've seen others do it while I wasn't elite with ness. Another thing I've noticed is that there's a second threshold on elite in which you stop gaining gsp by the 20 thousands or so and start only gaining less than a thousand. Currently that "barrier" which I believe separates between lower elite tier and higher elite tier is at 4298000 or so, I thought this was interesting.
P.S: I reached my current GSP against elite players only and the last match was the most bizarre I've played since I own the game. The last three games were against the same Puff, first game, I win , I leave the lobby. Really hard match. I run into the same Puff and win the match again, I leave the lobby. And I run into the same Puff a third straight time. He threw the game resting ALL the match. Again and again and again. Hilarious.
P.S:I still can't post images in here no matter how hard I try:glare:

Last edited:

ApexNess

Smash Rookie
4.316 million on Ness right now and most of the guys I fight up here are around there.

Math Math

Smash Rookie
Well done Kris!
I'm getting close!

Currently a win doesn't give me much more than 800 points and a loss is very damaging
Weird system that GSP thing..!

Brawler51

Smash Rookie
I'm at 4,358,000 with yoshi.
Do you guys go to tournaments? Just wondering how many of you higher gsp peeps go to them and how well you guys do?

Madison Turner

Smash Cadet
I'm at 4,358,000 with yoshi.
Do you guys go to tournaments? Just wondering how many of you higher gsp peeps go to them and how well you guys do?
My Diddy Kong is currently 4,383,302.

I go to tournaments when I can; I've got a 1st place in a local tournament that didn't involve the best players in this region, and my highest placing is tied for 9th at the weekly with the better players who are more serious about it.

I took first place in a random online tournament that I entered for fun, and tied for 5th in the ~512 person qualifier bracket for the online nintendo tournament with items (I only entered one of the three).

All of my tournament results for Ultimate are on my Twitch channel in the description, along with links to the brackets.

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Currently at 4.373 with Zelda. Used to be a bit higher but I lost against some Ivysaurs then..

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
My doc is currently 4.347
Funny thing is I haven't played doc online since day one of the 2.0 patch. And even then that was just one match after I found out he wasn't elite from that update (He was the day before). Real nice to know my doc is still way above the elite requirement and I probably don't need to worry for several months unless the GSP system changes.

Math Math

Smash Rookie
Currently at 4.373 with Zelda. Used to be a bit higher but I lost against some Ivysaurs then..
Highest score so far here?

I've seen a bunch of 4.356 (Ness, Greninja, K Rool) today, but nothing higher. Personally I topped at that number too... at that point a win gave virtually nothing :/

Last edited:

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
Currently at 4.391mil with Dark Samus. Highest I've fought is someone around 4.416mil

Last edited:

Math Math

Smash Rookie
Currently at 4.391mil with Dark Samus. Highest I've fought is someone around 4.416mil
Damn nice! Congrats! Though I really wonder how you guys do it.. I just had like 10 consecutive wins and went from 4.380 to just 4.388 @_@

Amon O

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7305 3643 0520
Edit: its all over the place, who knows how it works. Won 20k from someone lower than me and shot me to 4.382 mil in one match.

4.388 with chrom

Last edited:

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
Made a but of progress and am at 4.402mil. the highest GSP I've seen is only about 20k away from me now, so roughly 4.422mil. But I'd imagine the ceiling is at least another 10-15k above that.

Damn nice! Congrats! Though I really wonder how you guys do it.. I just had like 10 consecutive wins and went from 4.380 to just 4.388 @_@
Thanks! And that's a solid number too, you're probably within a few thousand GSP of me now if not past me. It takes forever to grind it out and losses set you back pretty bad, especially if you make a mistake like SDing against a lower player. But it's still a good time!

Honestly I wish I always played the people 20k above me (they're infrequent). Every now and then I can pull out a win, but they're usually good enough to 2 stock me. You learn so much from those people though.

Math Math

Smash Rookie
I'm done with this ****ing game. I just one-shot lost 40K GSP to someone who has 400K MORE than me.. Then to a similar opponent I gained 10K for a win. This system if broken af.

Last edited:

SPL22

Smash Rookie
gsmVoid currently sitting at 4.460m which is probably the cap considering he doesnt lose

Naov

Smash Cadet
I'm done with this ****ing game. I just one-shot lost 40K GSP to someone who has 400K MORE than me.. Then to a similar opponent I gained 10K for a win. This system if broken af.
Relax, man, just play for fun.

Once I decreased some characters bellow 500k and then when I tried to grow them again I noticed that there are some crazy guys at even <100k , it’s difficult to grow fast at the lowest levels because you find people with elite skills that make you lose too. Probably the Rooster GSP is more mandatory than the character one. And every time you win or lose they factor in all of these values. You may have a similar character GSP to other player but the game is not showing you how different the roster GSP is .

Remember character GSP has to do with The people that plays the character. If less people play it then it may be easier to scale up.

Any way, it’s difficult to know the real highest. On Classic mode I high score with 4,700m . Probably they are factoring in the people that doesn’t go online too.

DatGanonDoe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3669-2463-7192
4.1 million with ganon. I had to tell someone

How do I attach a picture?

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
4.349 mil with my Ridley, who I haven’t touched since reaching Elite (I don’t wanna lose that again from two messed battles lol)

I Chizl I

Smash Apprentice
My Dark Samus is at 4.46mil and I've seen 4.48mil. The threshold is at least 4.5mil by now though, maybe a little over

Xquirtle

Smash Journeyman
If it makes you feel any better, try firing up an alt and dropping it down to like 100k gsp. youll still get matched against players over 4 mil and still lose like 10k GSP. Like if you think its ridiculous at the top, its even worse as you go to mid low ranges and lose massive chunk to people 10 times your rating.

D

Deleted member

I'll never understand GSP, I play online like once a week and I'm sitting near the top at 4.49 million, it really must be just how consistent your win rate is

Last edited by a moderator:

Topper

Smash Rookie
Really curious, any ICs with high GSP around here? Tried them, they felt beastly sometimes, but couldn't achieve consistency. Working on Pika now. May consider Mew2 again with the patch changes. Highest character right now Ness with 4.454 mill.

P.S:any changes to the GSP system in the patch?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Over 4.5 million as Pac now, I don't even wanna risk going back down lmao

ThiccCloud

Smash Rookie
Reached 4.7 million with Cloud. I don't feel safe playing without dropping like 500k GSP. Its probably downhill from here lmao.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
my highest is still around 4.2 mil with Peach & Toon Link..but i am still proud of myself with getting them to this point :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom